Super U/Castorama Team Replica - Being used in anger!

Re: (Yet another) Super U/Castorama Team Replica

Matt_wood55":1xje9cio said:
Penfold6290":1xje9cio said:
Matt_wood55":1xje9cio said:
Does this mean I need to follow the same format with my build?!

Absolutely! No corner cutting, your frame deserves only the best!
Ha ha, can't afford kit that good, but will give it a go!

You could always sell me your frame when it comes back from Cyfac? ;)

M

Penfold6290":1zhfds65 said:
Today's efforts, and when I say effort I mean I have never come across a tighter combination of tyres and wheels! I certainly broke out in a sweat getting these chaps on the rims, I look forward to my first puncture out in the sticks, metal tyre levers an absolute must!

_DSC3372edit_small_zps51b3fa63.jpg

_DSC3373edit_small_zpse2d2360d.jpg
You can have first dibs if I ever do!

Incidently, I had some 18mm Hi-lites on Wolber rims when I was a junior. My did had to put them on. I am not going there again.

Matt_wood55":3flqj8o8 said:
Penfold6290":3flqj8o8 said:
Today's efforts, and when I say effort I mean I have never come across a tighter combination of tyres and wheels! I certainly broke out in a sweat getting these chaps on the rims, I look forward to my first puncture out in the sticks, metal tyre levers an absolute must!

_DSC3372edit_small_zps51b3fa63.jpg

_DSC3373edit_small_zpse2d2360d.jpg
You can have first dibs if I ever do!

Incidently, I had some 18mm Hi-lites on Wolber rims when I was a junior. My did had to put them on. I am not going there again.

You're on!

There was a few choice words echoing round the kitchen that's for sure, I struggled to even seat the first bead let alone mount the whole thing with a tube inside...then with one done I managed to rotate the rim tape while doing the second so I couldn't get the valve through. That meant struggling to slide the rim tape back into place as it was being gripped by the tyre. That's an hour I'll never get back... lol

M

Re: (Yet another) Super U/Castorama Team Replica - Sunday Up

I'm looking forward to seeing this!

Where did you get the 23mm michelins from? And do they have any left??? :LOL:

Andy

Hi Andy, I found them on Ebay being sold by a guy in the USA. He was just a private individual having a clear out not a shop so I doubt he has any more.

M

Brilliant! There will soon be a whole teams worth of these fantastic bikes! Looking forward to seeing this one, not just because of the accuracy and quality of components, but it looks like you will be doing the build justice with some nice photography?
If it helps, I spent most of Saturday removing a pair of worn Hi Lites from and old set of Campag Omegas. They were unbelievably tight!

Re: (Yet another) Super U/Castorama Team Replica -Tuesday Up

Evening all, this is starting to feel like a striptease in reverse, the frame is going to be ready to collect on Friday (third time lucky I hope) so the next installment will include something made out of steel!

Tonight's endeavours - cable set arrived from Italy in the post today, so bars have been drilled, cables routed (ran out of swear words after 10 minutes), levers attached and tape applied. I may have another go with the bars on the bike and some double sided sticky tape at hand especially around the brake levers. Not a bad evening's work though.

Cheers for looking, Martin

_DSC3377_small_zps2ed5970e.jpg

Re: (Yet another) Super U/Castorama Team Replica -Tuesday Up

Evening all, well finally the main act is here...I picked up the frame this afternoon and I am very happy with the job that Argos Cycles have done. The BB shell could have done with being cleaned out slightly better as there was a lot of crud in the threads, but lots of tightening then backing off and eventually they were all cleared out and the BB is installed. A few pics I couldn't resist taking when I got home from work below. I'm hoping to have it all sorted by tomorrow lunchtime...

Cheers for looking, Martin

_DSC3381editsml_small_zpsf0c492b0.jpg

_DSC3380editsml_small_zpsc8aeda4d.jpg

Re: (Yet another) Super U/Castorama Team Bike -The Build Beg

Tomorrow lunchtime? Can't wait that long, get a move on!! :)

On a serious note, they've done a very nice job there, looking very special indeed.

Very much looking forward to seeing the finished bike & the winner of this month's RBOTM :cool:

Re: (Yet another) Super U/Castorama Team Bike -The Build Beg

Wow - be you are well chuffed with that. Now crack on and show the finished bike. It will be bang on!!

Back