Ron cooper

Re: Ron cooper "First ride"

OK, I'll get on the case once Im back from Amsterdam, leaving tomorrow, hopefully I will find some bits for my Colnago built or even a donor bike :D

Re: Ron cooper "First ride"

Had Ron out for a short 40 mile coastal spin. Took advantage of the dry roads and minimum salt..

Being used to modern road bikes I was sort of expecting an awkward clunky ride.. How wrong was I !!!!

Getting used to down tube shifting after repeated attempts to push my levers :facepalm:

She bowls along nicely and nice and stiff for a steel frame.. Looking forward to summer century rides :)

Untitled by Plus one2010, on Flickr

Wonderful bike!

I recently happened upon a 80's Ron Cooper and couldn't be happier. Rides very nice and craftsmanship is top notch all the way.

Good pics!! I went for a spin towards Musselburgh yesterday on the Colnago, down tube shifting too! Your bike looks great!

I'm not one to remark on pictures of bikes posted on here but....thats a fab looking bike....superb colour scheme...and I like that it's not one of the more common makes.

Mr.Toad":223o79y7 said:
Wonderful bike!

I recently happened upon a 80's Ron Cooper and couldn't be happier. Rides very nice and craftsmanship is top notch all the way.

Thanks.. Love to see pics of yours :cool:

Col
JYvdK":223o79y7 said:
Good pics!! I went for a spin towards Musselburgh yesterday on the Colnago, down tube shifting too! Your bike looks great!

Cheers I'm usually out for short easy spin of a Monday morning on coast if your around ?

Col

brucers":223o79y7 said:
I'm not one to remark on pictures of bikes posted on here but....thats a fab looking bike....superb colour scheme...and I like that it's not one of the more common makes.

Thanks.. It really is a beauty and today's ride has cemented it into one of my keepers !!

Col :cool:
Theoldfm":223o79y7 said:
That bike looks mint.

Love it!

Cheers :cool:

Here is a pic of my Cooper in the wild....

Full DuraAce, Worbler rims, Bruce Gordon stem. It's a dream to ride.

Attachments

• RS Side.jpg
    RS Side.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 420
Lovely bike, but would i be the only one to think that the frame looks too small for you??
That's a serious amount of post / drop you have - you must be flexible!

Mr.Toad":242yx2pz said:
Here is a pic of my Cooper in the wild....

Full DuraAce, Worbler rims, Bruce Gordon stem. It's a dream to ride.

That is a cracker...!! Thanks for sharing :)
Must start a Ron cooper thread ;)

Col :cool:
oldmuthariley":242yx2pz said:
Lovely bike, but would i be the only one to think that the frame looks too small for you??
That's a serious amount of post / drop you have - you must be flexible!

Probably back when this was built it was for a smaller person ? A lot of modern bikes with compact geometry have more post showing.. I ride a modern road and cx bike in a 54 with 90mm stem I'm all legs but short torso hence riding 54 size frame with longer post.. Cooper is 53 with 110 stem and feels fine :)

Back