1997 Kona Kapu - sourced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1997 Kona Kapu

I do have an 98 version, the 853 steel one, size 56 I believe. It's resprayed now (white with black fork), used to look like this one:
DSC_0155.jpg

If that's what you want, I will consider selling it...

Thanks for your reply and offer but it's the 1997 beast I'm after. Some pic's of the current state 98 machine you have would be cool nevertheless.

I got in contact with Kona in a vain hope to see if they would rummage around their warehouses to uncover one. The replies were nice but no luck...

19/03/13:
Hi, that's a real bike for sure in the photos; I put that one together for the pictures. It was sold so long ago I can't even access the shop that bought it in my software. The computer I have can't roll back that far. I'd say to try posting want ads on places like Pink Bike, Retrobike.uk, MTBR.com and so on hoping to find one that is still intact and for sale.

Last night:
It was a really slick bike, it looked amazing in person.

At least the big corporate machine that is Kona today recognises our crazy "little" addiction ;)

So I continued exchanging emails with Kona:

Me:

LOL - don't rub it in!!! There has to be one hiding somewhere...

Them:

Just so you know it was really real.

Me:

Pic's or it didn't happen ;-)

Them:

I just flipped through my old Polaroid’s. No luck.

Me:

Oh well...it becomes even more mysterious and fabled! Thank you for looking.

Here's a (poor quality) shot of my A'ha (almost finished - just the pedals to come) and Explosif (with recently fitted RC36's replacing the original stock Indy SL's)

See here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=239073&start=60

Them:

You’ll like this then. Two of the original race cruisers.

cruisers.jpg

Super cool!

The search continues...

Wow! 2 quality items especially the Haole. Thanks for the links, the ebay one is like the frame Pebble was selling whif dates, I think, to 1998/9.

I've a message to the seller anyway to see if they'll consider shipping to the UK. 54cm is good for what sort of height?

Another bump. He will ship to the UK by the way although I don't understand why it doesn't come up on my ebay.com search. It's too small for me...I'm still tempted but I have to walk away this time :-(

The hunt continues...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How close have I come to hitting the bid button on this?

$T2eC16NHJI!E9qSO8F)TBR(Ywkphsw~~60_57.JPG

Very. But it's too small...good luck whoever get's it. Just an hour left to bid.

So. 1997. Kapu. Hit me with one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back