Royal Mail prices (new April 2013)

Looked into my Hermes but didn't have printer ink ( there's another scam if ever there was one :shock: ) saw they use londis and realised there's one next to my work on further investigation one at the end of my road :D so guess I'll use them for smallish parcel. Sent something large the other day and opted for parcel monkey who couriered mine using city link and that seemed alright, but as for the post office there ques are mental round here let the alone the cost factor so will try and cut them out as much as possible in the coming year.

Ps how do some small companies on eBay afford free post, I've bought bars for £5 they came in a jiffy (£1-2) then the postage was £2.95 are they selling 5,000 a week? :LOL:

Yeah same issue here, just trundled up to the post office with a set of light 700mm bars and the cheapest they can do is parcel post at £12...

My hermes will collect from me for £3.30 for this item...

I know they are useless, but what's the alternative? Very quickly the private sector couriers will cotton on and swiftly realign their prices to just undercut Royal Mail...

My question would be is Retrobike a big enough network to create an adhoc cheap delivery system...? Would be an interesting experiment!

ringo said:
Yeah same issue here, just trundled up to the post office with a set of light 700mm bars and the cheapest they can do is parcel post at £12...

bloody hell at least Dick Turpin wore a mask

Nearly spat me coffee out then :shock: :shock:

cant wait to see the profits drop next year just off this site alone :mrgreen:

Ringo, book it with a proper courier, it will be cheaper. My Hermes take to long. Royal mail prices are still quite resonable for small items. For bigger one interparcels, p4d e.t.c. Don't even think about sending a rim or wheel standard parcel now the cost is horrendous.

Had a little shock myself with the price increase been down the post office to send a couple if items out and damn :shock:

Thats why i would make a crap business man :D

Bloody got me with this as i listed loadsa stuff last week on the bay with postage amounting to what it used to be so gonna end up costing me now.
Have used myhermes for a lot of things and they have been ok upto now. I have been tending to send anything under 650g via royal mail 2nd class recorded at £3.15 and everything heavier by myhermes but think i will be looking into sending everything bar envelope size stuff through them now

well royal mail lost my custom years ago after loosing a £100 pair of forks for me the item was insured even and they did not want to know. Im glad to see they are hammering nails into their own coffin now
as for hermes i can vouch for them as a good service with them only ever loosing one item for me and i was promptly compensated for it

Today I had to re-send a parcel that had been returned to me due to a cock up by the PO. The first time I posted it, it cost me £2.70 1st class, today 2nd class before I added 'recorded' was £5.20.... :shock:

Back