More car talk :)

i'd say the Jazz has been the one i've had my eye on the most.
as for feeling cheap, i drive a Micra, so not at all fussed about that - surely you cant get cheaper interiors than that!

Ford appeals as quite rightly, they have the stock of parts at competitve prices that would keep me reassured. size wise, its probaby as large as i'd want to go - its the mrs that'll be using it more than me, and her spacial awareness leave the car open to dings and scrapes and kerbing....:S

its between Honda and Ford for now (but i dont want to start a which manufacturer is best discussion!).
decednt boot space is a bone of contention for me, so thats on the list of wants.
we average around 17K miles a year, so the mileage is above average i guess (?)
frugal with the petrol is another thing and am open to having a diesel.

the exmotability cars seem like a good source - will see whats about daaan saaaf.

highlandsflyer":14salc3h said:
I just don't get that Ross.

The C Max of that era drives just like the Focus, but is more spacious.

Where is the downside?

I sat in one and immediately felt about 78, in fact when I got out, I smelt of piss and biscuits.

Ah, so you got those No.1 Biscuits I sent! If you enjoyed them, you really must try my No.2 Cookies.

I get what you are saying now, more to do with the image?

We still have an S-Max, it is not as flickable as the Focus but swallows people and gear much more handily. I have had a number of different Fords over the last fifteen years. Galaxy to Focus, Mondeos and S-Max in between. The wife had a C-Max before her Beemer, and loved it but wanted something for the motorway haul. It was the C-Max that convinced us about the S-Max.

The reason I would look for an ex Motability car is they normally have low miles, and are generally less hammered than rep/ex hire cars, though they often have little dints and scrapes due to equipment loading.

The C-Max was sold in huge numbers, (though not as much as the Focus), you will find a real low mile bargain for 4k. Motability ones have parking sensors if I recall correctly.

One other choice might be a Nissan Note. Definitely underrated, but a little smaller than the others which may or may not be an advantage... :?

hamster":7ev48otx said:
One other choice might be a Nissan Note. Definitely underrated, but a little smaller than the others which may or may not be an advantage... :?

doesnt that use the same engine as the K12 micra? as far as i know, that engines had a poor write up (timing chain issues/electrics)....

Back