Retro full sus...what would you get??

I've always fancied a GT RTS 1. If I were you Wook I'd be looking at one of those Marin/Manitou early full sussers. Would fit in with the rest of the fleet ;)

brocklanders023":3buv0v6j said:
I've always fancied a GT RTS 1. If I were you Wook I'd be looking at one of those Marin/Manitou early full sussers. Would fit in with the rest of the fleet ;)

I know what you mean brock they do appeal to me! Its just I worry that I have seen a few with cracks and there are 2 sets of forks to maintain!

PeteC":3v9wl4uu said:
Mantis Pro Floater is a good option. Nice bike if you can find one without a cracked swingarm. They ride much like most modern single pivot frames.

Nice bike if you can find one period!

Looking back at the thread, I can't believe one of THE most iconic full sussers of all time hasn't even had a look in!!

These babies were around when others were just experimenting with front suspension!

493MtnCyc1.jpg

Barneyballbags":2x2ksbw1 said:
Looking back at the thread, I can't believe one of THE most iconic full sussers of all time hasn't even had a look in!!

These babies were around when others were just experimenting with front suspension!

True but not the sort of thing that appears very often!

Sorry for another hijack but how do the lts's and FSR's ride? I'm in a similar situation - a full susser is next on my list and whilst I love every thing orange their range just doesn't float my boat - not a great fan of the single swing arm design of most of their range. My pref would be a decent XC steed rather than downhiller.

Slight preferences so far without actually riding them are the Horst link specialized and GT's. The more wishlisty ones would be a manitou system FS or a Mantra.

My secret shame would be an Orange UFO.

Back