New hardtail...Cotic BFe

Cheers fella. I'm quite surprised at the brakes, the quality is pretty good for forty quid an end. There is a little more play in the levers than there is in my XT brakes but not by much.

I'm pretty chuffed with it and am looking forward to giving it some stick. I'm thinking that I'd like to get my ands on a Soul, but I think I'd not be popular with the boss if I did. I think a sixth bike might push her over the edge (although one is technically hers).

Sam...the new green colour is ace. I saw a chap at Cannock a few weeks ago on a green one. Even nicer I the flesh.

Yeah Shimano brakes seem to get good reviews, why pay more etc... :-D a soul would be nice but quite a step up in price. Equally a Solaris or something... But that's a different beast entirely to your lil Bfe. :cool:

lovely bike mate! I too have just jumped on the shimano disc brake bandwagon, only just realised that the little grub screw on the lever blade moves the lever out!

konaben82":3gwayabt said:
lovely bike mate! I too have just jumped on the shimano disc brake bandwagon, only just realised that the little grub screw on the lever blade moves the lever out!

Cheers mate. Got to say that I'm turning into a bit of a Cotic fan boy.

I started using Shimano brakes when they bought out the original Saint brakes which were great. My XT's are the most powerful brakes I've had but are very controllable. Hoping these Deores will perform well too.

Thanks Chris - I'm pretty happy with it and looking forward to finally taking it out for a proper ride this weekend.

I'll be sad and take some better pics too because all of the ones on here are a bit rubbish at the mo.

racefacecannondale":2ch3aquf said:
Liking the colour scheme..

Cheers, I love the blue.

Although the new green is a little bit lovely too.

Can't wait to ride it properly this weekend. Just need to helitape the bits where the cables touch the frame.

The brakes look good on there. That style is slowly growing on me.
What helitape will you buy? I was looking to get some and thought it was a minefield.

cyfa2809":2hiiz35g said:
The brakes look good on there. That style is slowly growing on me.
What helitape will you buy? I was looking to get some and thought it was a minefield.

Cheers Josh. I'm the first to admit that the levers are pretty ugly to look at, the blades feel spot on for one finger braking and they just work well, but are no way as pretty as my M4's were.

I just buy a roll of tape from Just Riding Along. Mainly because I always have; they were one of the first people to sell it and I just but it from them out of habit. Works pretty well too...bit of alcohol to clean the part in question, cut to size, heat with a hair dryer then stick in place.

Back