The collection is looking Flat!

utahdog2003":g8rwdjzu said:
I haven't made a big splash and changed up the stable in quite a while, and to top it off, I seem to only reach for the Monocog29er and the Turner 5-Spot when I ride and not the vintage steeds! I even find it hard to participate and hold interest in some of the really great recent build threads I've seen here on the board. I try to talk the game like I really dig it, but I know I'm missing the passion right now for the old and funky.

:cry: :shock:

Felt a lot like this for a while. Seems like I've seen all the bikes I liked bitd done to a very high standard so it's rare for a thread to turn up that pricks my interest. My only useable retro is in the garage at my sisters and I have one other retro frame that is neither here nor there. Should be moving to a house with a garage soon though so I might get the bug back once I have some space.

My two pals are even worse. One sold all his retro, rarely comes on here and doesn't ride much at all tbh. The other still has some retro but they live at his work and are always under threat of being sold. Don't think he ever comes on here any more.

Defo seems to have been a whole membership change on retrobike over the last year or so with loads of posters that used to contribute a huge amount of content either vanished or only pop up every now and then and a whole new bunch of active members posting on most threads.

Reminds me of when I was 18/19 and out on the town. I knew everyone and they knew me. Any night out was brilliant and even if you went out on your own you'd always bump in to some pals. I was part of that generation and that was our time. If I went out now I'd hardly know anyone and wouldn't want to go to most of the same places. My time has passed.

I too suffer from periods of what are all these bikes doing here cluttering up my life and not being used. But then I ride one and remember. My riding style now set in stone is 90's and thus only a 90's bike will do for grin factor mtb'ing.
Perhaps i should get rid of my semi modern and rather old kit and stay in the middle. Perhaps not, I have plenty sheds :LOL:

Well before you ride off into the sunset (see what I did there?). Perhaps you would like to pass on your expertise on a subject I think you know something about.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=247545

Personally I am still in the Retrobike addiction phase, but I can understand how it could lose it's attraction after a few years. You never went down the custom route then?

This infernal weather isn't helping...

...can't remember the last time we didn't have a mini heatwave this time of year! :|

If I go out to the shed at all it's all I can do to unlock it; having done that I look at my bikes, think about what needs doing to which...

...and lock it back up again then go and put the kettle on for a nice warming cup of tea; 'More cheese Grommit?'

Back