I'm not sure I'm just being too judgemental

Invite a few lads from the Aryan Brotherhood over for dinner. If nothing else it'll guarantee the chavs leave you alone and you'll get an evening if charming conversation and sparkling political discussion.

BobToo":alb512in said:
Isaac_AG":alb512in said:
think there is no point in education "cus it never gets you nowhere anyway"

They've got that much right at least.

I'm sure every doctor would disagree and my hubby would not have his job it it was not for education

Chopper1192":3lo2a6ef said:
Last time travellers turned up in be 70s a few caravans mysteriously caught fire and they've not been back since. I'm surprised they let me in to be honest.

I don't remember that episode of Dr. Who!

Chopper1192":mk9wm37a said:
Jeez, our villages would based them out with pitchforks years ago. Last time travellers turned up in be 70s a few caravans mysteriously caught fire and they've not been back since. I'm surprised they let me in to be honest.

lol, our local farmer moved them with his fork lift, they aint been back since either thank foook!

Alison, im sure your children will know right from wrong and will probably be fine, let them live n learn, the others parents could be gently persuaded to sort the kids out if he's becoming to troublesome.

Chopper1192":6sqbhno2 said:
Jeez, our villages would based them out with pitchforks years ago. Last time travellers turned up in be 70s a few caravans mysteriously caught fire and they've not been back since. I'm surprised they let me in to be honest.

I had no idea that Top Gear was pulling those sort of stunts back then....

David

My daughter had a friend at infant school who came round after school one day. It was warm so they had a lolly when they got in.
Later, after tea, the missus asked her if she wanted any fruit.
"I want a lolly"
"Do you want any fruit; you had a lolly earlier"
"Yeah, and now I wan' another, Dun I!"

Isaac_AG":2z25hf66 said:
There is this family in the village and my two youngest are out playing with with one of their brood and I don't like it. I find them vulgar they swear all the time, they are the sort that laugh and encourage their children when they learn to say f**k before they say mum and think there is no point in education "cus it never gets you nowhere anyway" and violence sorts everything out. this is probably irrelevant but they have loads of dogs in wire cages and in the house that poop everywhere and never get taken for walks, their house stinks of chip fat, smoke and doggy doings.

I hate it when they come round but wonder if I'm being unreasonable and just thinking I'm better than them because I live differently

Alison

you know Alison, it might be you makes the difference for these kids, by allowing them to come to your house and play with your children you give them different role models, higher expectations, you can show them patience and kindness, show them the rules routines and boundaries and the behaviour expected of them while at your home.

It might enable them to lift their heads out of the gutter enough for them to see that there is a different way of life available to them that what they see from their parents and stop them following in their footsteps.

i have worked with many families like this, sometimes ,just sometimes one of them breaks away and does good, and it is always down to some adult outside of the family that belives in them a teacher youth worker relative or neighbour.

so be like jesus and suffer them little children

Charlieboy28":kff3ld0w said:
so be like jesus and suffer them little children
You might find the other parents ban their kids from being near yours. Coming back home wif all dem fancy long words.

Latest posts

Back