Bottom Bracket help

I agree, that is still a very short time. Mine did less than 500 miles as I recall, ss again.

You can get them second hand for cheaper. All mine have been second hand but good condition. Normally about £30.
The raceface ones don't rate so well either but can be serviced too.

What Shimano one as it? I had a Deore one in my Lopes 4X that literally lasted five or six rides! All of which were short.

My Saint one on the SX seems to be lasting well. Race Face ones get a bad press, but the ones I've have had have been pretty good.

Don't think you can go wrong with a Hope one from the reports I've seen...I'm too tight so keep buying Shimano ones and replacing them every couple of years. If I could justifying, I'd buy a King because their bearings are ace (or have been in my experience).

I think the Deore ones are poo...which is probably why I paid twelve quid for it from CRC. XT and above have always been good in my experiences.

My current Race Face one in the BFe seems to be holding up well.

I think you're right.

When my Saint one does die, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a descent one. It'll probably be a Hope one because sixty quid or so is bearable.

I have a Hope Ceramic on my Trek and it has been running fine for 18 months or so with the odd seal lift and regrease, that is on 5 - 10 miles a day on it. It was used but looked virtually brand new.

Back