Kona Cinder Cone 1992 - finished with lots of pics P3

Re: I got an email from the LBS, the other day...(Kona conte

Thank you.

So the polishing and reconstruction began last night starting with the cranks, chain-rings and chain-ring bolts:

dsc0159o.jpg

dsc0160ls.jpg

(Apologies for the poor quality shots)

Love these early Kona's! Very nice color too! Love to see it in daylight...

Wow good job, and a funny story too.

I need that Project Two fork and the brake cable routing thingy on the seat tube.

Little update. Last weekend I got the BB and cassette off with help from the LBS of course!

mg2720v.jpg

dsc0168fx.jpg

They got the full clean treatement. The BB shell was a little rusty so after these shots I cleaned the threads up. No drama :cool:

dsc0166hh.jpg

dsc0167hah.jpg

This week I have been mainly polishing and re-building. Front and rear mechs are done and the seatpost is proper shiny. Even better news is my secret weapon (the other half) has pulled off a masterstroke (arf arf) and the saddle is beginning to look a lot, lot better. Watch this space...

Re: Kona Cinder Cone 1992 - PE#1!

Cheers! (Your Koa is lovely by the way - I've not seen one before from 95).

Whilst the GP re-run was playing on Sunday, I polished up one set of the brakes so we're nearing the tail-end of the buffing...

al-onestare":x0i0dl50 said:

Disaster has struck. Putting her back together it seems the LBS got a bit excited when they removed the cassette for me and they binned the plastic retainer bit you can see on the front of the cassette above. So...I need one of those of or a whole new cassette...or someone to construct the bit now missing. I´ll start the search now but if anyone has one then please, please hit me up with a PM so we can strike a deal.

Other than that...all is well :?

Re: Kona Cinder Cone 1992 - PE#1!

Fingers crossed the rear hub I got on ebay yesterday does the job otherwise this build is going to grind to a hault :cry: Over the weekend she started to look more like a bike again...

dsc0201cga.jpg

dsc0202la.jpg

dsc0203ze.jpg

dsc0206gs.jpg

Obviously the rear wheel is set for demo purposes only! Last night she got some nice new gear cables which just leaves the brakes and chain. The saddle isn't perfect but it's a million times better than it was and is a nice reminder that once upon a time she was used. The pedals are temporary until I find something more period at a decent price.

Back