Pace RC100 rebuild

Remember reading that they were initially supplied with a drilled out shimano 105 headset. of course age may be getting the better of me...

Yeah ive got that here,bit tatty though,maybe ill just machine out the threads a tad so the steerer fits snug through :?: :idea:

Whilst the suns shining i thought id assemble the flightdeck,gold bolts not staying,got a black alloy one on its way,just got to sort out that headset issue :? but apart from that im happy :D

And yes i know the grips are on upside down lol :roll: :oops:

bars1.jpg

bars2.jpg

andy no the xc pro headset is not useless you have to modify it by re moving the threads on the top race[ you do not use the lock nut] so as its a nice push fit down your steerer tube do not go any further than the route of the threads or it will be to loose. You then machine a recess on the top race top so as to accept the stop part on the steerer tube some 1mm to 1.5mm deep go easy on the dia of the recess as the stop ring is used to centralise the steerer to headset if you look at the ring it has a small radius so better to be under than over . Hope you under stand this drop me a PM if you don't Cheers.

Cheers retroking#1 for the info, I’ve also got a 105 waiting to be modified.

I'm just waiting to get my stem back from Dave Yates, why do these things always take so long.

Man oh man oh man I am SO jealous! :p This is going to be stunning once complete. to think, I could bought one of those frames from a stall in brick lane a few months ago for about £50....argh why did I not buy it?! :(

Both Pace builds have slowed right down atm,other things to sort first,will update when progress happens

Back