I'm not sure I'm just being too judgemental

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
There is this family in the village and my two youngest are out playing with with one of their brood and I don't like it. I find them vulgar they swear all the time, they are the sort that laugh and encourage their children when they learn to say f**k before they say mum and think there is no point in education "cus it never gets you nowhere anyway" and violence sorts everything out. this is probably irrelevant but they have loads of dogs in wire cages and in the house that poop everywhere and never get taken for walks, their house stinks of chip fat, smoke and doggy doings.

I hate it when they come round but wonder if I'm being unreasonable and just thinking I'm better than them because I live differently

Alison

Just move house. Arse end of no where in a quiet village, better class if neighbours. Steer clear of housing estates, new or old, sooner or later you'll get Wayne and waynetta move into the street.

are you currently resideing in ripon;sounds like a family there :D
alas if you were in Hartlepool could be anywhere here :cry:

Chopper1192":69biyiw1 said:
Just move house. Arse end of no where in a quiet village, better class if neighbours. Steer clear of housing estates, new or old, sooner or later you'll get Wayne and waynetta move into the street.

Thing is I live in a very small village, arse end of nowhere and most of the villagers are very quiet, well spoken people, a few farms and small cottages, although the big landowner who owns quite a few of the village rent's the property out to these people. Other than them it's a lovely village to live in.

Alison

Jeez, our villages would based them out with pitchforks years ago. Last time travellers turned up in be 70s a few caravans mysteriously caught fire and they've not been back since. I'm surprised they let me in to be honest.

If it were my kids being exposed to the scenarios you describe and assuming they are not older than 12(my oldest) I would simply tell my lot to not mix with them and tell them why. That's the end of it.

Who you hang out with defines you. Ultimately as a kid it influences you.

saulus":3s7ukyby said:
If it were my kids being exposed to the scenarios you describe and assuming they are not older than 12(my oldest) I would simply tell my lot to not mix with them and tell them why. That's the end of it.

Who you hang out with defines you. Ultimately as a kid it influences you.

This, if they refuse (likely), you best move, you don't want your kids having anything to do with them.

Find out something they hate and start doing it....check out their politics and say you vote for the other etc etc.....you'll soon shake them off if you use your imagination

Back