The rescue collie 6 months on update 18.11.2013

Re: Dog guys a bit of advice

Time...patience...trust.

If you are committed, and loving and the leader of the pack, it will all be alright.

Check out Cesar Millan

http://www.cesarsway.com

He's basically right.

Have patience. Ears back is nervous. That's all. Just needs time. And trust. Remember, they are just trying to work out what it is they're supposed to be doing most of teh time. Make it clear and safe for them to do their role.

G

lumos2000":2g5ichdz said:
If you don't want to give your dog bones I found antler horn will last last longer than most dog chews and keep there teeth and gums healty.

..and catching the deer certainly keeps them fit.

When anyone mentions bones or obsessiveness in a bad light it's important to ask 'em 'why'? you never know your luck you just might find they don't actually know what they are talking about and are masterful @ Freddie Parrot impressions. Obsessiveness with a ball can indeed be bad (not bad mentally like a deprssive dog chasing it's tail) cause they will when handled by dickhead run themselves till thier heart pops ;) ...that's where the handler comes into the plot, once you know what it wants you can formulate the want into a straight trade 'in your bed, out of your bed, sit steady' ( in ever increasing increments) etc etceterrar.....and that in any lingo is a +++

Had an husky nail me terrier a couple of yrs back, the husky was 50yds ahead of it's owner and ran 50 yards to pay the compliment, i sorted it out and the owner eventually arrived to discover his mutt had a cut ear, apparently we had to go the policemen-bill shop to see what he made of the cut (i kid you not). I instructed the owner to walk to the nearest boundary wall and pointed to the fella stood in the trees silent with a rott sat looking at him ('you've guess ain't ya') and told him to release his dog and have it charge Mr.Rotty...he told me to feck-right-off the rotty would kill his dog and naturally i asked him was it fine and dandelion for his dog to only perform the move on 1ft terriers...i think he sensed the trap....that or me kite belied what me next course of action was going to be....he touched lucky....me tea was ready. When me dog is fifty yards out from me...i want it back at me feet pronto stylee...the easiest way to acheive that is putting it into promiseland with the humble ball...that way i circumnavigate a dog simply refusing to be leaded-up for the offmans or the one specific to collie's having it play stalk the handler...especially with tattoo'd husky pricks heading my way cause 1ft dogs are thier barra.....'simples'.

highlandsflyer":2c1764mq said:
lumos2000":2c1764mq said:
If you don't want to give your dog bones I found antler horn will last last longer than most dog chews and keep there teeth and gums healty.

..and catching the deer certainly keeps them fit.

Benson!

bren":2vbmrs1u said:
Augustus":2vbmrs1u said:
Check out Cesar Millan

http://www.cesarsway.com

He's basically right
G

The dog kickerer? :shock:
Me no like that bloke. :cry:
See what you think;
http://www.globalanimal.org/2012/04/13/ ... deo/71926/

Not a lot wrong with that ^, besides one lace kick all the rest were purposely done on the blind..obviously his aim was to lay some psycological vodoo on an animal that relys heavilly on the lateral (being an animal like), the unseen means they've lost the power. The bulldog (the dog that cant naturally give birth) being layed on the floor was purposefully cut short because the outcome would have explained all (you can bring a snarling pit to book via the same method). Owners do much worse.. just by what they choose to feed thier dogs ;)

If you need a ball to control your dog a) you're not doing it right, and b) you're not the alpha male of your pack.

FMJ":15isn3n8 said:
If you need a ball to control your dog a) you're not doing it right, and b) you're not the alpha male of your pack.

That's very correct...obviously anything learnt out of the want for a ball is transposed to single vocal words without a ball being in the plot.....it's like painting by numbers....but easier ;) . Them british coppers and thier dogs must be well out of control, induce the want, cement the word and then bring the wanted/toy along with the dog on active duty...dog does it stuff and always, absolutely always gets a little toy time on completion....the silly bastherds.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/to ... -raw-food/

Well he's got worms, he's passing them in his stools, Its incredibly revolting. I'm also worried about my parents 13year old miniature schnauzer that is living here at the moment, they share a pair of drinking bowls, neither seems to want to use just one.

Whats the risk of the old dog catching worms off Blake? They've been together for 4 days (I think) and the schnauzer leaves on Tuesday.

But other than that he's settling in well, had an hours walk this morning and then he slept most of the day.

Back