Help! Maverick rear shock servicing!

Wasmachineman NL

Senior Retro Guru
Before you ask: I already read the service manual, and I had quite a b*tchfight with my dad about the rear shock!
Does anyone know of someone who services these? And how do I need to dissasemble the damper and repressurize the IFP?

Andy R":26a2rhof said:
Sideways Cycles
Or do it yourself, Maverick stuff is a pleasure to work on.
Already mailed them and it will cost quite a bit I think, Alpamayo at MTBR suggested to drill out the IFP filling hole so it automatically fills when you pump the shock up, I only need to open it up to re-add oil, but I have no vise blocks..

Wasmachineman NL":2l5id6ax said:
Andy R":2l5id6ax said:
Sideways Cycles
Or do it yourself, Maverick stuff is a pleasure to work on.
Already mailed them and it will cost quite a bit I think, Alpamayo at MTBR suggested to drill out the IFP filling hole so it automatically fills when you pump the shock up, I only need to open it up to re-add oil, but I have no vise blocks..

Make some from hardwood - drill the size you need and then split it. 22mm and 10mm I think, off the top of my head.

I've had good dealings for Maverick forks with the German Dealer:

Christian Peters
Tout-Terrain
Service & Technik
Industriestr. 11
79194 Gundelfingen
mail christian@tout-terrain.de

But that was supplying parts only, I've always done the servicing myself.

Good luck!

Ethan! Hop on mtbr and go to the maverick section.
Suspension experts have done my forks before (postage was steep US to NZ)

Also serviced one myself, simple. The manuals are well described

John Atkins Cycles did mine when I needed new seals. Al, at Garage Bikes, did an oil change before that. We used vice blocks that I made from a fence post.
the service instructions are not wonderfully clear, but you can get by with them.

Back