How many bikes is TOO MANY

Seems to me the limiting factor in how many bikes you can have by some comments on the site is...will your mrs let you :LOL:

beyond that, if you have more bikes in bits than completes and have had for some time then you probably have too many

How many bikes is TOO MANY?

No idea, not got there yet.
N+1 and S-1 are the two limiting factors. And as the missus rides too, S-1 hasn't come up as an issue yet.

Just saw this thread

I think Im up to 13. The fact Im not sure is probably a good sign.

My housemate only has 11 the big loser.

sylus":296i1m8n said:
Seems to me the limiting factor in how many bikes you can have by some comments on the site is...will your mrs let you :LOL:

Only if she knows how many you have !

^^^ Exactly I had 5 bikes in the shed without the wife knowing, forgot all about it till she went in there to show our friends the camping BBQ we used. :LOL:

As we had people around I escaped a nagging session :twisted:

I have my own factory here in Australia and the wife only knows about the 5 roadies being built up in the office there , seems not to bother about the 2 steel merckx she doesn't often see out on the floor there or the chesini and Time upstairs , she is fully aware of the the 3 MTBs and 3 roadies hanging up here at home though (1 is a Time trial bike however ! ) i guess thats 15 all up... oops

mikee":104wk6uh said:
Wasnt there a pic of all your bikes on here once, or am I going mad? I am sure there was a photo in what looked like a pub garden sized are with bikes all over the place! It was a while ago thought, but I remember seeing this photo and being quite envious!

No one seems to know exactly how much because a couple of 100 are stored at the moment but a close friend of mine owns over 500 MTB's
anything in between Specialized Hardrock and Boulder titaniums etc...

I have 1 for each of the enviroments i ride in.
gt lts for bouncy off road
fisher set up as my love boat for if I ever do a retro meet
trek 6000 with rockshox for daily commuting detail
specialized road bike for my sat morning team mk rideouts
the heavy cruiser for general posing and mass rides
I want a hybrid to take over from the trek for efficiancys sake and I would love a modern say, gary fisher hifi for bouncy off road duties. neither of which will happen as the gt and trek do their respective roles adequately.

Back