Bottom Bracket help

theredchili

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Right, i have managed to trash a shimano external bearing bottom bracket in two months ! So I'm looking for a good quality lightweight replacement

By short list is :

King - £106
Hope ceramic - £90
Acros - £129

All expensive but if serviceable it will work out cheaper in the long run, especially with my high mileage.Any advice , good bad experiences with these?

Stainless Hopes are excellent. I've put 4000 miles into one and still going strong. Can't see the point of paying for the ceramic one. I've also had bad experiences with other ceramic bearings from FSA, Enduro and Token. All promised great things but wore out quickly.

Id assume with all of them, if you got steel bearings to begin with you can always get ceramics later if you feel you really need it?

cyfa2809":12h6g4gc said:
Wow that's terrible. I too have had bad experiences with the shimano ones though.

Not impressed at all.I guess a fair bit more pressure on a single speed ,but even so expect better than this

Noticed the Race Face bottom bracket on my Five is worn out now, so I in the marked for two bottom brackets ! Anyone seen a Hope SS one for less than £65?

Back