Tow bar bike rack????

For a little extra, consider the Thule 'Ride on'. Has the trailer board integrated, and the bikes are better attached IMO.

Got mine from amazon for £100.

I've got the cheaper Thule one with lights, it's perfectly fine. Needs a spanner to attach to the tow ball and the tilt mechanism isn't very sophisticated, but it carries bikes around entirely adequately.

MikeD":djjggw69 said:
I've got the cheaper Thule one with lights, it's perfectly fine. Needs a spanner to attach to the tow ball and the tilt mechanism isn't very sophisticated, but it carries bikes around entirely adequately.

Do you know the model? Looking at a few used ones but some are other makes or generic.

What does plate look like when not in use? Rarely use tow ball so not an issue but daily load 4 dogs in and out so don't want anything sticking up or that will catch leads or collars or obstruct my old lab getting in.

The History Man":2zfueywp said:
Do you know the model? Looking at a few used ones but some are other makes or generic.

It's a Ride-On 9503. Takes three bikes, but there's a two-bike one as well (the 9502). Paid £50 for it second hand, IIRC.

The History Man":2er4whv4 said:
What does plate look like when not in use? Rarely use tow ball so not an issue but daily load 4 dogs in and out so don't want anything sticking up or that will catch leads or collars or obstruct my old lab getting in.

- it is just a metal plate that sits behind the towball (also acts as protection from your hitch hitting the bumper when you don't line up your caravan right ;-) )

We have 3 dogs who get into the back of our X-Trail without any issues with it fitted - it is the ideal solution for us to take the dogs, bikes and caravan at the same time.

I bought a Thule Euroride for my towbar. Holds 3/4 bikes. Built in reg board/lights etc, solid as hell and worth every penny.

There's a Danish site that ships to uk cheaper than anywhere else.

uk.varerum.dk

Brilliant and cheap service. COuldn't recommend highly enough

TL

Got a Dutch one, a Hawk. Very secure on the towball only, also lockable onto the towball. It has a built-in numberplate and lights.

Back