PotM - March - Young at Heart Vote!!

who has left you feeling young at heart?

• ibbz

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • johntomjoe

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • kikaha

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • losvizzero

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Paul Eggleton

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Piperdave

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Plus one

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • rumpfy

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • We_are_Stevo

• wookiee

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • yo-eddy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ibbz":1b0qr7w2 said:
To be honest, mine, pic by itself really says nothing.
It goes together with the text telling the story.

Strangely, I had to choose between yours and one other pic. I probably would've tracked down the accompanying story anyway, but the pic was good enough to make me forget the theme. The other pic was black & white, and made me feel sad that I wasn't born 30 years earlier. That's all I'm saying :D

some great pictures, but yo-eddy's picture is just soooo cool! reminds me of how I used to ride BITD... I 'ruined' quite a few tables like that ;)
A friend of mine has video footage of me doing a 180 jump from a table like that. Somehow I got a little more carefull over time :(

was looking for a picture of me on top of an old car, sadly I can't find it anymore

Interesting story about the Raleigh Roadster the Sohrab is a copy of.
Major HW Tilman, one of the most famous explorers and mountaineers of the 20th Century, in September 1933, rode one such black heavy Raleigh Roadster, which he had bought for £6 from Kampala, across Africa, from East to West, sleeping rough, living off baking banana's, potatoes and paw-paw's, for 2 months.
The bike's durability was proven by the fact that over 40 years later it had still not rusted away, even in the Welsh rains, and was still being regularly ridden from Bodowen, his house on the Mawddach Estuary into Barmouth to collect his provisions, until at least 1977 when Tilman was lost at sea and never seen again.

I wonder if his Raleigh still survives?

A BIG congratulations to kikaha, well done. Thank you to everyone who entered :D

Some of you may have already noticed the new competition is already up...go go go!

Congratulations! Worthy winner!
I voted for Piperdave.

Back