What not so modernish petrol estate car?

Re: What modernish petrol estate car?

I've got an A6 estate. It's nice.

Even nicer when I don't pay for servicing or repairs. The downside is it's green. Very dark green but still green. I'd be quite happy to get another one if that helps.

Quite the analysis there.

My old dears V70 is nice too but it's a Volvo and she's pushing V70 herself.

I've been a bit of a saab fan since the 80's and have a 2003 9-5 aero. probably not the cheapest to run but i don't do a huge mileage. always a joy to drive and the most comfy seats.

The Subaru AWD system is stone age simplicity itself.
The Forester, though smaller, is more roomy inside than the Legacy, and a better car to drive. Comfiest seats around, good useable space, and if you want quick, a 2.5 XT will be quicker than anything on your list; imports even quicker... ;)

Subaru Legacy Gt-b. Best car I've ever had, would still have it if I didn't have a 40mile commute. Mine had done 210k miles when I sold it and went on another 80 or so k with the next owner. 280bhp 4 wheel drive, could fit a sofa in the boot, smiling all the way. Other than the pneumatic solenoid box was relatively easy to work on and reliable if its got good history.

Depends on your budget but check this out: http://youtu.be/2KfMY96v_Gc
Audi S4 3.0tfsi with a couple of choice mods.
Alot of car for the money, although I talked chris into the brake and rear arb upgrade!

Brother has a new Mondeo 5dr. saloon/hatchback thingy with a diesel econetic engine, its not quite as swish inside as an Audi/BMW/Mercedes but it is lovely to drive. The engine is great for a 1.6l in such a large car, it has enough urge to make overtaking safe but it won't break any speed records.

Kevhl":245o8d6h said:
Depends on your budget but check this out: http://youtu.be/2KfMY96v_Gc
Audi S4 3.0tfsi with a couple of choice mods.
Alot of car for the money, although I talked chris into the brake and rear arb upgrade!

Is that you in the video Kev. Nice motor but not sure as the missus would need something over 400 brake to go to the supermarket.

Anyhow thanks for the suggestions, think the mondeo is still top of the list. Already have a mk3 which is fine, suspect the mk4 will also be fine too. Now to try and find some to look at...

Oh and Dave, will drop you a PM.

Back