110 bcd chainring 48-50 tooth - found

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
as in title please for a 2 x 9 speed cx / tourer, as new condition if possible ;)

can't afford anything posh unless you're being very generous with price! :LOL:

would prefer matt silver or black finish

Re: 110 bcd chainring 48-50 tooth

I have a plain aluminium silver 50T (and others larger tooth count)
Cannot do 'As New' though, only 'New/Unused'

One I work out which one it is from this lot (and that not all of them :oops:) I'll post the picture
https://plus.google.com/photos/11541805 ... 5erEl7PjQA

EDIT Found it
%5BUNSET%5D

Magic thanks! As New / New Unused - no difference really :D Think they'll run / shift ok with a 9 speed chain? Compared to a ramped 'modern' ring I mean? Regards, Al

I would think the chain will be fine, they're not particularly old rings, I can measure its width if needed.

As for no ramps, probably not as well of course, guess you could file some flats into sections like some companies. I'll dig in the pile (large box container) later and have a closer look. What ring is the inner ?

I'd wait to see what else comes along though, as i'll have had time to work out a price and find the thing :LOL:

FluffyChicken":z69h7he7 said:
I would think the chain will be fine, they're not particularly old rings, I can measure its width if needed.

As for no ramps, probably not as well of course, guess you could file some flats into sections like some companies. I'll dig in the pile (large box container) later and have a closer look. What ring is the inner ?

I'd wait to see what else comes along though, as i'll have had time to work out a price and find the thing :LOL:

Lovely, it's appreciated. The inner is likely to be a new 9/10 speed Shimano SG-X 34 tooth - also unramped now I look at it - width 1.9mm :)

SG-X would be ramped (ramped and toothed to come from the inner ?) as that's why the 'X' was added.... well at least in 1992 is what :LOL:
(I currently jump from 36 to 48 on my triple MTB, unramped retro middleburn without hassle of course it's not as slick, but yours is going to be 4 tooth more.)

the SG-X I have has a ramp I guess, just not like the ones on my MTB rings which are spaced around the circ of the ring, this one is the same all the way round.

EDIT

here's my inner:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=38169

so as you can see it's a compact 110 road inner, as opposed to a non-compact MTB middle - apologies for confusion

I've got a new black steel 48T ring, pinned & has the chain drop pin on it also but doesn't have notcieable ramps only the chamfered teeth, of the Middleburn, TA and Stronglight outer rings I have none have ramps, I would say ramps & lifting pins are really for shifting from a middle ring up to the big.
£9 posted anyways if you want it

tonyf39":23w3m85w said:
I've got a new black steel 48T ring, pinned & has the chain drop pin on it also but doesn't have notcieable ramps only the chamfered teeth, of the Middleburn, TA and Stronglight outer rings I have none have ramps, I would say ramps & lifting pins are really for shifting from a middle ring up to the big.
£9 posted anyways if you want it

Sounds great, I'll just see what FC's offering and get back to you, cheers

Re: 110 bcd chainring 48-50 tooth - looking again

still looking bump... prefer black or matt silver 48t x 110 bcd

Back