Help with Marin frame numbers please!

a before pic of the marin and after pics of the frame and numbers the numbers are A50IE0150

Attachments

• marin.JPG
    marin.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 671
  • 27 370.jpg
    27 370.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 671
  • 27 371.jpg
    27 371.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 671
  • 27 372.jpg
    27 372.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 672
Definitely a 1991 Palisades paintwork! However I thought the cast dropouts didn't come in until a year later.

Certainly some around the end of the year got mismatch between frame number and decals. Yours looks like a Bear Valley number - which shared the same frame anyway.

So I suspect yours is an early 1992 BV (perhaps prototype) painted up in the factory as a 1991 Palisades.

Sorry, just gone to the garage and checked my 1991 Palisades frame. It has got the cast dropouts.

So you have a late 1990 manufactured frame in the 1991 colours - it was probably one of the first stock of the year. The frame is stamped with the BV number, but as it was the same tubing etc etc.

this is my bike here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243258

it's a muir woods but has serial number F37LAB028 which should mean that it's a pine mountain according to stuff have read on here. anyone else come across this? wondering if the factory stamped wrong serial or whether it's a different frame. it has a decal on it that says it's triple butted tange but it should be double butted frame for muir woods of that year. any feedback appreciated. it's a great zingy bike to ride btw!

So my 1992 Marin Team is

M12AA0003

M - Marvel factory
1 - same frame as team issue so same code ?
2 - 1992
A- ?
A - ?
0003 - Third one made ?

So in theory I could rebuild it as a Team Issue and the numbers would still be correct ?

I believe they are the same frame apart from 1 little thing,
Team Marin has some rackmounts added on the seat stays (in 1992)
Team Issue does not, so you'd need to lop them off, strip the paint, polish it up and add a bit more XTR and Ti.

FluffyChicken":1svlvay5 said:
I believe they are the same frame apart from 1 little thing,
Team Marin has some rackmounts added on the seat stays (in 1992)
Team Issue does not, so you'd need to lop them off, strip the paint, polish it up and add a bit more XTR and Ti.

My 1991 has rack mounts on the seat stays...

Back