my bikes stolen :-( ...and found :-)

Re: my bikes stolen :-(

Real bad luck ! I've lost a couple over the years and 2 of mine were attempted this year.
Even worse when its at home.

If anyone is after a good (& cheap) padlock I got one of these (AM-Tech 70mm Container lock).
It weighs about half a pound and just for sheer detterent value is brilliant.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Am-Tech-70m...T22U/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1364386898&sr=8-4

71NlGBeifQL._AA1500_.jpg

FluffyChicken":207nycxz said:
Just got back from the lakes national, that was cancelled, and I find my

1991 Rocky Mountain Altitude that I've had since then and been everywhere with me has been stolen.

My Orange Alu-O has been stolen

My sons Islabike Beinn 20 has been stolen

Among other thongs :-(

Gutting... I share your pain - the Kona in my avatar was taken from me - hope you have better luck getting yours back...

Any pics of the thongs so I can keep an eye out?... :LOL:

Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear your news will keep my eye out for you fella. Finger crossed :x

shiate ben, just saw this now. gutted for you. particularly saddened by the loss of your Altitude! :(

hope somehow/someway it gets returned to you.

I use the cable method but with an Airedale Terrier as n alarm which seems to do the trick as my neighbour gets burgled instead

Don't put too much in braided locks. A set of Felco cutters make mincemeat of them. I have a set at work and a girl I work with lost her keys to her bike lock last week and I cut the 1cm braided cable off with little effort.

Real sorry to hear about the theft Ben,seeing as im across town from you I'll keep an eye open around me.
It is a constant worry about security, in the past I had motorcycles and had a couple of attempted on my garage,I ended up using a baby monitor plugged in the garage just so i could hear anything,its also common for thieves to follow a "potential" victim to find where the bike is kept,in the past I've detoured to lose unknown riders that seemed to be following me, paranoid i know but the thought of losing a much loved bike makes you like that.

Back