Just collected..... The original Mtn bike...Courier

hoylie

Dirt Disciple
I just picked up this 99% original Muddy Fox Courier, I couldn't believe my eyes! I will add more pictures tomorrow, in the mean time if anyone has any original pedals for one p,ease drop me a line.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 722
Re: Just collected..... The original Mtn bike...Courier. + P

So her she is, 1987 Muddy Fox Courier. In my eyes its one of the first mountain bikes, partly because its what my brother had when I was a kid and its what I used to take apart and put back together again which in a certain way lead to what I do for a living now.

This seems to be a fine example, looks all original except from the pedals from what I can see. I popped it in the stand this morning and the worst I've found so far is slightly loose wheel bearings. She obvouosly has a few wounds from the 25 years she has been on this planet, but think she has aged well!

I bought it for my brother really seen as misplaced his one many moons ago and felt bad ever since. Now when he visits he has the perfect beach cruiser.

I will have it hanging in the shop no doubt so if your ever passing......

Cheers

Martyn

Oh Im on the look out for some pedals for it, believe they are MKS beartraps.

Attachments

• DSC_0363.jpg
    DSC_0363.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 628
  • DSC_0354.jpg
    DSC_0354.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 628
  • DSC_0356.jpg
    DSC_0356.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 628
  • DSC_0357.jpg
    DSC_0357.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 628
  • DSC_0358.jpg
    DSC_0358.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 628
  • DSC_0366.jpg
    DSC_0366.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 628
  • DSC_0360.jpg
    DSC_0360.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 628
  • DSC_0361.jpg
    DSC_0361.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 628
sylus":1ztxoz5p said:
I have yet to fathom out why but i want one of these

Chopper1192":1ztxoz5p said:
Yeah, I couldn't see the attraction of Filthy Badger back in the day, but in 2013 I'm strangely drawn to them. Nice one.

My thoughts exactly. I can't remember why but me and my mates weren't impressed by Muddy Fox back in the day ('89-'91). Maybe MBUK didn't give them many good write-ups? I seem to remember they just seemed a bit old hat when what we lusted after were Yetis, Brodies and Kleins.

But fast forward to 2013 and I would love to own one of these. :?

I almost bid on that myself. Again, as others have said though, I don't know why. I never lusted after them in my youth.

Yeah I take your point but I think you have to look at these as the bikes that were made before we really knew what mountain bikes were supposed to be, before we had cnc machines and anodised purple! it will be a nice piece of art on the shop wall!

Cheers for looking

Back