One for the missus

Exeter Man

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just thrown this together for the little lady. Bought the frame from another forum member (thanks Kaz), and combined it with various parts from the spares box. Consequently, some of the colours could be better matched :oops: . She's away at the moment, so it will be next weekend before she can give it a try. If she's happy with the frame fit, I'll get the colours sorted, swap the drivetrain to something silver, and trim the cables, hoses and steerer.

Basic spec as follows:

Frame: 2004 Gary Fisher Tassajara GS
Forks: Magura Durin Race (love these in orange :D )
Wheels: Mavic XC717 rims and LX hubs
Drivetrain: Heinz 57 varieties!
Brakes: Avid Elixir 3. Rear to be added after the adapter has arrived

Here she is ..............

20130316_171944Custom.jpg

20130316_171820Custom.jpg

Regards

I like orange too.
Been thinking about getting a bike orange powder coated but I think orange frames might not be original enough.
Nice for the missus build.

A little orange stuff, Wildgrippers and V12s
1997_Merlin_TDB%20(Medium).JPG

Very nice sir! I like the look of some of the orange coloured Crank Brothers stuff too :cool:

The snow meant that the missus didn't get home at the weekend, so it will be next weekend before she can give it a try. Already have an M750 rear mech and M760 cranks in my 'stock' to throw on if she approves. I'm also thinking silver post, stem and bars, with a few flashes of orange (maybe pedals and seatpost clamp) to pick-up on the fork colour.

Regards

For some strange reason when you see couples riding together and theyre both kitted out in full regalia
He has a nice bike whereas her bike is usually from Halfords.
Hmmm :?

Wildgrippers :shock:
Do you want her to fall off ? :LOL:

dyna-ti":28d1mshg said:
For some strange reason when you see couples riding together and theyre both kitted out in full regalia
Let's face it - the majority of 'partner' bikes on here are mainly an excuse for a new project :LOL:

Regards

Exeter Man":9u5328qt said:
dyna-ti":9u5328qt said:
Let's face it - the majority of 'partner' bikes on here are mainly an excuse for a new project :LOL:

Regards
so true, :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back