Help with Rabobank build - what bars? wheels?

MattyWS

Dirt Disciple
I just picked up this ex-Team Rabobank C40. I want to build it to team spec, similar to this pic. The DA groupset is easy enough, and I have a Millenium stem and a San Marco Squadra. I'm a bit stumped with the bars though, and finding the wheels may be a bit of a challenge

- Does anyone know what handlebars these are? I guess they're ITM, as that was their component sponsor, but they aren't the Millenium bend.
- Does anyone have any pics of the Rabobank C40s of this era with anything other than Antara wheels?
- Finally, any tips on where to find orange Colnago branded bar tape. So far I've only been able to find two examples on eBay... for $30 and $50 :shock:

IMG_3476-1024x681.jpg

filename=E1B_del1_07.JPG

Nice frame! One of my all time favorites!

I believe they used ITM Super Italia and Millenium bars.

Don't go with the FIR Antara wheels. They look really nice, but every single one I have seen so far were cracked. Just go with some low profile wheels, which I am sure Rabobank also rode at times.

Thanks for the advice. I've accrued most of the parts:
- 7700 groupset
- 7401 headset with modified top race to be used threadless
- 7401 seatpost
- SSM Squadra saddle
- ITM Super Italia bars and Millenium stem

All I was looking for were the wheels and Colnago branded orange bar tape.... then I realised that it's too big for me :oops:

The top tube length is fine, but it's so tall I only has about 3cm of seatpost showing.

Anybody interested in a Rabobank C40? :facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Seat tube: 55.5 cm CC, 59 cm CT
Top tube B: 55 cm
Head tube C: 15 cm

It is a genuine Rabobank frame. Aside from having the right fork and the right decals in the right places, I emailed Colnago to ask about it. They confirmed that was definitely built for Rabobank (apparently the serial number starting with an R is the giveaway :LOL: )

I paid 650GBP for it. I'd like to get about the same back so I can buy a replacement.

MattyWS":3qq9hikm said:
It is a genuine Rabobank frame. Aside from having the right fork and the right decals in the right places, I emailed Colnago to ask about it. They confirmed that was definitely built for Rabobank (apparently the serial number starting with an R is the giveaway :LOL: )

Who else than Rabobank would paint 'Shimano' on a Nago :LOL:

Back