Creaking Pace Frame

Rich

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Urgh! :(

Been communting to work recently and have noticed a creaking noise coming from my Pace. I've looked at the bottom bracket area and can see no cracks or anything that would suggest the frame is the problem. I've also had a new bottom bracket installed but to no avail...it still creaks...I've even added extra lube to my Time pedals...still no joy?

Any ideas gang..I read somewhere on the forum that someone else is getting creaks from their Pace frame...maybe I just have to live with it, but I'm sure it wasn't this bad when I first began riding it at the start of last year... :?

Cheers

Rich

Copperslip is your friend :LOL:

Threads on the BB, seatpost and interface between seatpost clamp and frame, if its an old model, if this doesn't work start looking for cracks, what model is it?

Check the bolt on dropouts, seatpost, seatclamp, pedal threads. Clean and regrease.

my mate had a creaking pace in uni. then 1 day the entire b.bracket shell came away from the rest of the frame & the creaking stopped...

no B.S.

the creaking from pace frames usually comes from the seat collar, my rc300 does it even when i fitted a new 2 piece chainset, the creaking was still there, :D

Cheers guys,

It's one of the first RC200's, an F1 by looking at the catalogue, I'll look at all the bolts this weekend and have Mr Alan Key to hand.

Hey Gil, what's copperslip?

Rich

Scant...I'm now very scared! :shock:

copper slip?

i presume is just anti seize - Finish Line sell ti prep - which is easy to find in bike shops locally, you just it's a fine copper coloured paste that you can use in place of grease - i've found it very good for curing bb/crank creaks.

Yeah that copper stuff is great!
My father inlaw is a fencer and i got some from him!
It goes into like a liquid over time so things are easily unscrewed!
Man I wish I'd used some to put on my pedals i put on 10 years ago!
Alloy and steel practically weld themselves together over time with a little bit of corrosion thrown in for good measure!
J

Cheers guys...I'll check that out...otherwise I'll wait for my bottom bracket shell to fall off! :roll:

if it does...

you are welcome to that dented Attitude frame...it's frikkin huge,
even with a very short stem i'll need a rack to make my arms long enough to ride it.

Back