My rather odd collection (picture heavy)

A bit of sunshine here in Scotland today so managed to take a few more pictures of the UE8M

P1010379.jpg

P1010380.jpg

P1010381.jpg

P1010383.jpg

P1010385.jpg

P1010386.jpg

Quite impressive collection. Like them all, but the ALAN and the Peugeot most. Be proud on them and keep them rollin'
:D

Thanks for the link, interesting read and some great links to others

Looks like mine is the Super Record with the cut out lugs

Still waiting on parts arriving

I sold the Peugeot UE8M last night, chap will collect it at the weekend.

Just in the middle of cleaning up the Humber as it is next to be sold. 15 years is long enough for me

I obviously love old bikes, that's why I'm here, but its hard no to appreciate some of the styling on modern road bikes. That Focus looks totally rad, like they've gone nuts with the styling and done whatever they want.

I can't disagree there SantaHul, I will however say it's a heck of a bike and by far the quickest I've ever owned.

My preference is for mid 80s to early 90s

Sadly the Humber is now sold and away to a collector, my 15 years with it was good, I must have clocked up over 1000 trouble free miles...try that on a modern machine

Took the ALAN for its first outing last weekend and covered a comfortable 27 miles, another 30 miles today and I can report that it's running well.

P1010410.jpg

P1010411.jpg

I've now managed to find a NOS Campagnolo Athena chainset for the ALAN so the Stronglight is coming off once I find a suitable BB

Athenachainset.jpg

Athenaclose-up.jpg

Oldest car and oldest bike meet for the first time

Spring has finally arrived here in Scotland, it's been a long winter and bitterly cold but today the sun came out and it was almost warm. So time to awaken my 1947 Rover from hibernation and leave the 1980 ALAN at home for a change

P1050483.jpg

P1050484.jpg

Back