OW13? Oh yes!

seeing more info is good, so i started looking into costings/getting there etc

with regard to entries etc, is it going to be the same format as before where you organise accommodation at the event and we just have to get there?

i might miss out amsterdam and go direct to arnhem, main reason is that for me i found amsterdam a pain with the car let alone with the van! mainly the combination of one way streets and lack of parking which would be worse in the van.

Excellent, can't wait!
A thought on Amsterdam is storage for the bikes overnight? Don't fancy leaving them on the bike rack. Perhaps there is a lock up place on the way in we could offload. Thoughts?

jonnyboy666":1po8deu0 said:
is it going to be the same format as before where you organise accommodation at the event and we just have to get there?

We will look for a camping field or we have accommodation at Jeroen's place arranged.

On the what to do with your car dilemma: maybe it is an option to go to Arnhem 1st and take the train to A'dam? I think I will do.

hey Mel,

yeah that's the hotel, the room was basic but ok but the issue was parking, also the one way streets confused the hell out of my satnav and the parking was in a multi storey car park 1/2 a mile away which i don't think i'd get my van in to because of the height.

the bikes were in an unused room on the ground floor, so were safe, but they'd need locking in there as other people use the room for bikes aswel

the train could be an option, would save some hassle

This could be fun for the Sunday:

Near Arnhem there is the national sports and training centre. There are exact copies of the olympic BMX course and the XC rock garden. So if you haven't already ridden them at home ...you could ride them overhere :)

http://www.papendal.nl/media/42867/plat ... pendal.pdf

I've heard the open air concerts in Sonsbeek park each Sunday are legendary too.

http://www.parkopen.nl/

Enough to choose from :cool:

YES YES YES

I think this is my first post, after all the reactions I read I had to say hello and hope to see all of you in September for the OW 2013!
I hope that I have most of the bikes ready for display in September.
When I have more news about the location I let it know or show same pictures.
Meanwhile I try to show some pics of some of my bikes and parts.

See you soon in Arnhem!

Latest posts

Back