How many bikes is TOO MANY

You can never have too many in my opinion, the problem however, is finding places to accomodate them in and around the house where theyre not going to get fallen over and damaged lol!

Ive got six currently, two are rideable, three are just frames and a various collection of bits, and ive just acquired a third complete bike toady!

I'm not sure how many I have and I'm too lazy to go out to the Bike Garage and count. I know there are 16 rideable bikes and about 5 framesets, but there are also a couple of junk bikes and 2 unicycles...

Current tally; eight riders, two being built and two frames =12

Plus my son has eight riders and one in bits = 9

Plus my wife has one rider.

So total in the garage (and house and basement) is 22

Got ONE road bike and ONE MTB. Love cycling and technology but somehow managed to resist going deeper. That was until i joined Retrobike of course! Now there's a 'project' bike slowly taking shape.. :shock:

Surely it's a matter of perspective? An affluent obsessed bike freak in a developed country will argue you need a bike to represent every technical or design niche, while a poor third-world kid would likely cherish just one old bike of any stripe. Is one happier than the other? Maybe not..

How many bikes is too many? One more than you NEED? One more than you WANT? One more than your wife will tolerate? I dunno the answer :?

if bikes is a problem, we are a 8 rideable, 3 "project" household, (2 adults plus 5 year old) it becomes a bigger issue with cars as well, we are a 5 car family with average age of 30 years and 4 on road one project..........

unkleGsif":l92v3o5y said:
I'm going to show the wife this thread and score some brownie points ;)...

G

Just shown mine the thread. That went well......... :shock:

mine was less than impressed or convinced by others in double figures and still doesn't understand, can anyone articulate the argument that is acceptable to their Mrs that I can try on mine, I'm at 6 for me and that seems the limit, as per earlier post I do have the car issue as well :D

std road, fixed road - partially nostalgic (still project), original MTB - accepted now too big and kept for nostalgia, one std MTB (nearly finished project), one MTB on slicks, one single speed MTB that she doesn't really understand,

As I said, not all 10 are mine.

1 is my wife's (I chose, built and tinker with it. So it's basically another play thing for me)
2 are my mum and partners (Dahon fold up bikes)
1 is my mates (I'm working on it for him)
3 are riders (1 rigid, 1 steel with RockShox, 1 welded carbon fibre with Pace RC35s)
1 is for sale
1 is a frame for sale
1 is a frame I have the challenge of removing the seatpost, that I still haven't got round to :roll:

The argument is, you are buying them to sell, with the aim to raise money to pay for your real riders. This is actually utter rubbish, and you spend more on them ;)

Back