Sitting at the bottom

legrandefromage":3see8fv5 said:
...still here, at the bottom.

Bike's sold, car's sold - just an empty space and an oil patch to remind me.

Missus isnt sleeping, I'm not sleeping.

Didnt even get a cheap and cheerful valeting job at a local main dealer...

Positives?

Was told yesterday 'at least you are still smiling'

Going into the job centre on Thursday. Heres a hoping!

Cars and bikes are possessions, in the grand scale of things they can be easily replaced.

Still being able to smile is a good thing - no matter how bad things are, there are many who are far worse than you, those who have life threatening illnesses or disabled.

pie in ths sky advice time but you seem very creative, have you considered a creative writing or photography course?

Also, a quote, one of my faves. 10 points if you know where its from (without googling).

There is a Catskill eagle in some souls that can dive down into the blackest gorges, and soar out of them again and become invisble in the sunny spaces. And even if he forever flies within the gorge, that gorge is in the mountains; so that even in his lowest swoop the mountain eagle is still higher than other birds upon the plain, even though they soar.

stevet1":vtlpfuj4 said:
Also, a quote, one of my faves. 10 points if you know where its from (without googling).

There is a Catskill eagle in some souls that can dive down into the blackest gorges, and soar out of them again and become invisble in the sunny spaces. And even if he forever flies within the gorge, that gorge is in the mountains; so that even in his lowest swoop the mountain eagle is still higher than other birds upon the plain, even though they soar.

I know ;)

Its a classic :cool:

I like this one, if i had a chest big enough i would get a tat of it done :oops:

'We are all in the gutter but some of use are looking up at the starts'

It could be quite liberating in some ways, if it weren't for the reasons behind doing it.

I suppose moving to somewhere else with better job prospects is out of the question?

North Sea operations are expanding, they will need a lot of new workers. Once you have the safety training under your belt there are lots of semi skilled jobs available.

Just a thought for down the line.

All the best.

highlandsflyer":19hg5gbx said:
It could be quite liberating in some ways, if it weren't for the reasons behind doing it.

I suppose moving to somewhere else with better job prospects is out of the question?

North Sea operations are expanding, they will need a lot of new workers. Once you have the safety training under your belt there are lots of semi skilled jobs available.

Just a thought for down the line.

All the best.

Do you know if Nebosh Training is still recognised in the industry ?

BOSIET is what gets you in, then it depends on what you are doing! Most agencies arrange the BOSIET for staff who have a skill they need.

highlandsflyer":1vzpm6qv said:
BOSIET is what gets you in, then it depends on what you are doing! Most agencies arrange the BOSIET for staff who have a skill they need.

Thanks, just trying to plan my next career swerve :oops:

Back