Vicious Cycles Metal Guru Frameset & Chris King Classics

Chapeau! Velo

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After embarrassingly doing nothing with this for 2 years :oops: and with my road projects costing me a small fortune to restore, this has to go....

Vicious Cycles Metal Guru Frame Package SOLD

18" CTT Vicious Cycles Metal Guru, matching Vicious fork, Chris King Rasta headset (complete with top cap, bolt, scuff washer etc) and Surly tug nut. Frame is R853 sporting horizontal drop outs with mech eyelet and cable guide braze ons so you can run it as a proper SS or with gears, up to you ;) Frame will take a 100mm bouncer if you wish (rigid fork is obviously sus adjusted (440 a-c)). Top tube length in 22" CTC and frame is V brake only.

Some may remember this as Harryburgundy's and a link to his build thread is here: viewtopic.php?t=141839

Pics of it as it is now are here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=9 ... HKGZCDaki4 Condition is the same as I received it with the paintwork in very good condition but there is some veining on the seat tube starting to appear (pictured at link). This will be okay to run as it is in the short term but will need a strip and repaint at some point later to properly sort. I have ordered a replica set of decals (inc fork decals) from Gil and will include them with the frame. Chris King headset is minty and the forks did have some chips that were touched up in black enamel paint.

Only looking for what I paid for this package: £400 inc postage in the UK and elsewhere at cost.

Chris King Classic Wheels

I also have some very minty 32 hole Chris King Classic wheels (silver hubs and spokes with black rims). Unsure of the rim brand as they have been de-stickered, but lets face it, no one laces CK hubs to shite! These weigh nothing and they were to go onto the Vicious (note the wheels are not SS specific). Pictures at this link: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=9 ... tdHFsjYhvQ

I'm after £300 posted for these fine specimens (worldwide post at cost).

I'll leave them up here for a week before putting on eBay. Comments welcome and please PM me if you have any questions. :D

Godammit! I need those CK wheels. But I daren't splurge that much cash...yet ;)

FWIW those rims look a lot like DT XR 4.1's to me, fine rims they are too. I'm running a pair which are laced to some paul hubs and they're ace :)

Sublime frame! One of the nicest riding bikes I have, steel at its best IMO. Thats a nice package GLWTS.

mynchiboy":3ns6izis said:
Godammit! I need those CK wheels. But I daren't splurge that much cash...yet ;)

FWIW those rims look a lot like DT XR 4.1's to me, fine rims they are too. I'm running a pair which are laced to some paul hubs and they're ace :)

C'mon, you know it makes sense ;)

Back