Raleigh mirage, montage and massif questions...

i have a massif , purple and green and really low end ty18 sis group.

still , i love it to bits :cool:

big.eck":3shqppft said:
i have a massif , purple and green and really low end ty18 sis group.

still , i love it to bits :cool:

I had the Maverick GT which was the 88 equivalent (same frame, diferent bits) which I bought new after saving for about 9 months, loved it and have many happy memories of it.

Carl.

Saw that myself, very oddball, a lightweight range frame in odd colours with odd components on it. Probably a run out special to use up 531 frames.

Carl.

i've seen Navajo's before in those colours. Very Raleigh thing to do was to punt out the same frame in different colours and groupset spec. The Mirage, MTB Team and Navajo are all the same 531 frame and forks plus a coleague has yet another 531 frame of the same design but alas its name escapes me.

velomaniac":2r4pnigu said:
i've seen Navajo's before in those colours. Very Raleigh thing to do was to punt out the same frame in different colours and groupset spec. The Mirage, MTB Team and Navajo are all the same 531 frame and forks plus a coleague has yet another 531 frame of the same design but alas its name escapes me.

Mirage was 501, I guess you mean the Chinook, Ozark, Thunder Road and Cajun ;). The Appalachian had the same frame but had 531 forks too.

Carl.

Oops :oops:

Mind you unless the frame was badged and you didn't pick it up pretty much all of the lugged frames of which you speak looked identical. I've had a MTB Team in 531 and a Massif in hi ten. Geometry was spot on regardless of material, both handled really well.

velomaniac":2xgf05go said:
Oops :oops:

Mind you unless the frame was badged and you didn't pick it up pretty much all of the lugged frames of which you speak looked identical. I've had a MTB Team in 531 and a Massif in hi ten. Geometry was spot on regardless of material, both handled really well.

Yes, my Team 531 does look similar to my old hiten Maverick GT (same frame as the Massif), the only differences I can see close up are the seatstay cluster is Raleigh Logo'd on the 531 and not on the Maverick (the 501 was logo'd too but not as nicely done as the 531), the dropouts are Shimano and not just plain forged and the gear cable stops brazed to the lug on the 531 on the Maverick they were brazed to the downtube. Of course you pick up the 531 and the difference is obvious!

Carl.

Back