off topic but too much: Cancellara's assisted pedalling

novekili":3j204njh said:
Those equations are too difficult for an undeveloped brain like mine to understand, however I keep seeing a guy pedalling with an extreme ease while Boonen is sprinting up the hill.

I have to say I agree. He cannot possibly be that much faster than everyone else. Surely?

He's (Cancellara) probably the most powerful rider in the pro peloton at the minute, whereas Boonen is good but not back at his best IMO.

True, but he's pedalling up a climb as steep as hell as if he was commuting to the pub...Now, I'm not SURE he's using that thingy, but the scene is very suspicious, especially when he moves his hand from the handlebar centre to the brake lever and back in a moment when a normal cyclist wouldn't change his position for any reason (and he is not shifting). All this just a second before his running away...

Another thing... Cassani, the ex pro-rider who started the mess is a really moderate, easy going guy, not the one who accuses innocent people just to be famous.

novekili":1qddtioi said:
True, but he's pedalling up a climb as steep as hell as if he was commuting to the pub...Now, I'm not SURE he's using that thingy, but the scene is very suspicious, especially when he moves his hand from the handlebar centre to the brake lever and back in a moment when a normal cyclist wouldn't change his position for any reason (and he is not shifting). All this just a second before his running away...

Another thing... Cassani, the ex pro-rider who started the mess is a really moderate, easy going guy, not the one who accuses innocent people just to be famous.

there is no way an electric motor could accelerate that fast .

if such a motor and battery existed they would be in a car , not in a bike .

Eh no.. it's not the engine, it's Cancellara and the engine. The thing generates about 100 watts which in themselves are negligible. If the thesis was true, Fab's watts would add to the engine's watts, producing a boosting effect. The power difference between cyclists is very little, so a little help makes an awful lot.

3 years later .......

any different opinions after Cancelara's win in the tour of Flanders yesterday?

The guy is just incredibly strong-reminds me of Eddy Merckx. He is clearly the best Rouleur in the Pro Peloton today. On one stage in the TDF BITD, Eddy attacked the field early on, and won that day by over 9 minutes! Now Fabian has ridden away from everyone and finished alone twice by over a minute each time- in a matter of weeks-truly the man, IMHO...

All totally the man himself. When you have riders like David Millar and Jens Voigt singing his praises in the last day I'll go with their opinion.

Back