Found a Ferraroli mtb

masster

Retro Newbie
Hello everyone, i´m a beginner and found a mtb in a secondhand store. Liked the looks of the bike and needed something to get around on. Curios about what it was i googled around on "Ferraroli" and it seems like they were exclusive bikes. Got som cheap roadtyres on the bike witch might spoil the looks...

Can anyone tell me more? Can post more pictures if anyone wants to.

Attachments

• P3180005s.jpg
    P3180005s.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 999
  • P3180006s.jpg
    P3180006s.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 999
  • P3180007s.jpg
    P3180007s.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 998
  • P3180008s.jpg
    P3180008s.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 998
Anybody knows anything about this bike. Hard to find info... should I continue using it as an everyday bike to work or does it deserve better care?

My ferraroli
I'm still surprised that this swiss brand of quality bikes is not so known and famous in Retrobike.
Alain Ferraroli made only custom geometry frame, built with fine steel tubing, lugged brazed with silver for keeping the metal quality.
A lot of top european rider rode on Ferraroli bikes before 1990. Jacques Devis was 3th on the first world mtb champion ship with a ferraroli (just behind Ned Overend on Schwinn and Jo Murray on a Marin). The Cilo swiss team rode on Ferraroli bikes too.
Very classic geometry and quite lightweight. The top of line was the California with Tange prestige tubing and shimano XT groupo. The specific lugged fork was very confortable.

The European brands never elicit much love or attention. I guess they were a bit too late to the MTB market and didn't generate the cachet necessary to raise awareness and prices.
Personally, I think that bike looks lovely and could well be a great starting point for a new collector.

the pedals are Exage Trail PD-M350, I had to look at them before I jumped on the bike to get home from work.

fun to get som respose to the bike:) i got it for 250sek, about 25GBP so I´m just glad that it works fine and looks cool...

Re:

Still use this as my everyday bike. Works fine and is a Sweet ride. Should i take better care of it? Is it worth money so i could afford a new bicykle and perhaps some flowers for my wife if I sold it.

Back