Winter Clothing - yes, i know it is spring!!

plus one for the castelli stuff,it is nice stuff. i also have a assos jacket and tight,s which are superb quality with loverly fit but you could probably get a new bike cheeper than the pair

Sunday 31/3/13 first day of BST. my ride across to the Weaver hills,from Denstone to Wotton end here.

Unlike Mat or my son, I can't afford the luxury of an all Castelli or Assos wardrobe, what I do have is a mix of mid range gear like DHB, Pearl Izumi, Altura etc. I also have a couple of pairs of really good winter gloves, plus Castelli toe covers for my shoes.

I find multiple layers work well and have recently bought some On-One merino base layers to try, as an alternative to my ancient Helly Hansen tops, which are still going strong many years after purchase.

Most of my cycling jerseys are s/h from ebay, as you can get some really bad taste patterns for a couple of quid each.

Arm / legs warmers are by DHB and I also some bib type fleece tights that are Italian and seem to work well when worn over 3/4 nicks or ordinary cycle shorts.

Cycle socks are a must, as are a fleece skull cap and a fleece neck warmer or buff.

If it's really cold, then somewhere under that lot will be a windproof gilet.

NeilM":2kfa219u said:
Unlike Mat or my son, I can't afford the luxury of an all Castelli or Assos wardrobe, what I do have is a mix of mid range gear like DHB, Pearl Izumi, Altura etc. I also have a couple of pairs of really good winter gloves, plus Castelli toe covers for my shoes.

I find multiple layers work well and have recently bought some On-One merino base layers to try, as an alternative to my ancient Helly Hansen tops, which are still going strong many years after purchase.

Most of my cycling jerseys are s/h from ebay, as you can get some really bad taste patterns for a couple of quid each.

Arm / legs warmers are by DHB and I also some bib type fleece tights that are Italian and seem to work well when worn over 3/4 nicks or ordinary cycle shorts.

Cycle socks are a must, as are a fleece skull cap and a fleece neck warmer or buff.

If it's really cold, then somewhere under that lot will be a windproof gilet.

sell your horse neil,and get some decent stuff.i have to agree with the helly hansen undershirt,s good quality and not to expenssive

Unless you riding fast / hard wolly pullies are great.Cheap from Charity shops. Best tech fabric of all time.1,000s of sheep wear it .They can not be all wrong.

matthew71":gsewuzvv said:
sell your horse neil,and get some decent stuff.i have to agree with the helly hansen undershirt,s good quality and not to expenssive

I'd sell my children before I'd sell my horse..... actually, that's a thought.......

The horse might be the easier sell, with the increase in horse related foodstuffs everywhere. Although i would not advertise this :D

TGR":133k0rr9 said:
The horse might be the easier sell, with the increase in horse related foodstuffs everywhere. Although i would not advertise this :D

Would you eat one of your own children? Same chance of me eating horsemeat.

As I indicated, my horse is not for sale.

Back