carrera subway new daily ride

hedder2212":2jqats9f said:
had a little incident with the bike yesterday, riding along the road at a nice speed (must of been doing 25mph no computer on atm so not 100% but was roughly that) a car decided he didn't want to slow down that little 5mph until there was a safe place to overtake. blasted past me leaving less than a inch between us, then slammed his brakes on infront of me, I had to jump up on the path, up the kirb I went, slowed down a lot by that point, decided to go 30ft down the path to where I was going to turn anyway then rejoin the road, then a kid ran out infront of me, instead of running the kid over I decided to put myself into a bus stop. somehow I ended up underneath the bike with my left hand caught in the rear gears (god knows how) so damage report -
front wheel bent. handlebars out of place. rear mech hanger snapped in half. rear derailleur bent to f**k. 5 damaged spokes in rear wheel. chain gone. couple of nice scrapes to frame and 2 broken fingers. ill post pics up tomorrow, starting to repair damage now.

Glad you survived, hope the bike is not too hard to fix, i am sure if you need any cheap bits there will be someone here that can help

injury lawyers for you get them rung up;had this loads of times of late car pulled out on me other week;
I was wearing the brightest dayglow yellow you have ever seen.
get them on the phone

I don't like the current where theres blame theres a claim;but at the moment
we are not getting the protection,out on the roads fill your boots
you deserve it :xmas-big-grin: when you post next on this forum your new bike is going to be a 5 grand santa cruz :D ;its happening to often and it needs to change

Back