2K Schwinn 4 banger.

My_Teenage_Self

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I present for your perusal, my 2K Schwinn 4 Banger.

Essentially, this is the most modern bike I've ever owned, and shall be used as an all day hack/fun bike. The frame is mint, and I basically cherry picked all the bits that have caught my attention over the past decade. Nothing too exciting, but nice, honest parts.

This is still in the 'almost ready' stage, hence the over-long cables/hoses and I haven't yet cut the steerer down on the RC40s. I've taken for a few hacks to make sure I'm happy with the ride; Damn, it's smooth, especially with the RC40s out front (running 100ish mm travel).

Comments welcome, positive or negative. :D :D

DSC01714.jpg

DSC01715.jpg

DSC01716.jpg

DSC01718.jpg

DSC01717.jpg

Very nice ride, the RC40 is a very good fit to the carbon Lawwill rear end.

Always fancied these and this looks a ton of fun to ride.
Personally I would finish with black cranks, Turbines or Deus?

Enjoy!!

Nice looking bike that. Those frames have aged really well...it looks right with some of the modern stuff on it.

Barneyballbags":cfpzrnv3 said:
I recognise that frame ;)

Looks VERY pretty with the RC40s on it - I'm just waiting for my pair to arrive :D

Hehe, you know damn well it's your old frame! I can't think why in the heck you ever sold it? The rc40s are damn near as plush as the rear, and running at about 100-110mm, set the ride just right for what I need.

Love it. Best full bouncer I've ever ridden. The Formulas scared the **** out of me the first time I braked heavily. I thought Vs were good, but blimey!

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

What's the size of your frame - I have a Straight 6 which I was told was a medium, but runs a bit small for me (I am 5' 9").

Schwinn2.jpg

that up there is a 17in.

The 4bangers came in 15,17,19... etc. and the S6s were 14,16,18.. your S6 is a 16in so roughly equivalent to the blue 17in 4 banger above.

BTW, if you ever sell that S6 frame let me know ;-)

Back