Diamond Back Ascent EX Adventure Series

very nice konaglider... good original spec! i was surprised by the quality of the ride and the weight of the stripped frame and forks!
Probably be moving this one on soonish as i have a DB Axis project in mind.

Konaglider":32jnkerl said:
Here's mine but in red. These are really quite nice Japanese Tange frames, surprisingly good to ride.

JIS headset sizing on these.

The Ascent EX shares the same frame as the Apex during this time. I think this was also the last year for the Ascent EX and Apex frames to be made in Japan.. my 89 Apex is made in Taiwan

frantik":3fub81ge said:
haha yep.. just bought another one yesterday :D
Is that included in your sig? 'cos we look to be tied - I've got 2 x 95s and a 91 (and a 91 and 92 Axis).

Neil":2r2msxxs said:
frantik":2r2msxxs said:
haha yep.. just bought another one yesterday :D
Is that included in your sig? 'cos we look to be tied - I've got 2 x 95s and a 91 (and a 91 and 92 Axis).

lol yeah I just grabbed the 95 in my sig yesterday. I'd love to add an Axis to the stable but I've yet to see one in the wild. My 89 Apex is on the chopping block though.. it's a little too big and the geometry is funky.

I grew up in Camarillo, California in the 80s and 90s so I've got a special place in my heart for Diamondbacks..

cimg0313e.jpg

cool.. Newbury Park is about 15-20 minutes from Camarillo.. I guess they had their offices there for a while. I've got 4 WSI bikes and never seen that sticker before though

Grabbed me one of the "purple haze" Ascent EX's last night :D

these are the seller's pics

3g53k33i75l85gf5f8d4rde.jpg

3ef3m73ia5n95e25k8d4rba.jpg

3g93mf3n85l25k65fed4rac.jpg

3e13k33lb5n25e15j9d4rdc.jpg

3lb3f83jd5nb5l15ecd4r48.jpg

It's definitely an 88 but the weird thing is the 1988 catalog had the Ascent EX spec'd with Exage components, but this is almost all Deore. there is even a Deore decal on the top tube (you can see it in the OP's pics too). The catalog also and didn't have the Ascent EX coming in purple haze. Seems like they must have changed the spec halfway through the year or something.

Back