RC36 Proclass 2 with lockout.

ajantom

Retrobike Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Pace RC36 Proclass 2 lockout.
1 1/8", 190mm steerer.
Set to 100mm, but can readily be switched to 80mm.
Excellent working condition, lockout works fine, good seals.
A few slight marks/pitting in chrome on the left stanction as pictured, these have been coated with clear lacquer. This in no way effects their function, and have been like it since I owned them.
IMO the best forks Pace ever made.
£100 posted.

Hi, I'm interested in these. I'm looking for something short to put on a non-suspension-adjusted Kona frame. Do you know the A-C length on these? How do you set them to the shorter 80mm travel?

Setting to the shorter travel is very easy, removal of the spring stack and swapping one of the springs around.
A-C is 460mm, so would be about 440mm when reset to 80mm travel.
To be perfectly honest though I think even at the 80mm travel it will raise the front on a non-suspension corrected frame. I saw your other post and for '91 or '93 frames the A-C would have been about 390mm, so even on the shortest setting most suspension forks will raise the front end by 50mm. I've done this on older frames, and they handle ok, but the steering is noticeably slower.
You could try to find some 95-96 RS Judys? Think the travel on them was 63mm.
Anyway, if you're still interested drop me a pm. Tom

If Badger wanted my RC38 AirForce 2s we could work something out. They are nice and short.

Hi, thanks for the reply. It does sound as if they are a bit long. The short RC38s sound interesting. I'll PM as I don't want to hijack your thread.

Back