My Colnago Mexico Pics Updated

Re: My Colnago Mexico Build now finished !!

knyazb":2kunx8hu said:
http://velospace.org/node/26691

That's fab! I want that water bottle!! Very similar bike,never seen this image, i build mine from memory and catalogue pics.. mine is getting Campagnolo tan hoods already coming and a turbo or Rolls saddle next, it rides like a dream!

Why I think its a Mexico?

I know someone in Holland who has worked with bikes and teams since the 70's and owns some amazing famous raced bikes says it's a Mexico as well as a Administrator from the Moltocolnago group seems to think so but they could be wrong, dunno but although this frame has never been build before it has been re- sprayed in the past by the looks of it and foil super decals could have been added then and placed in current position, who knows , if you are in Edinburgh next week you are welcome to have a look :D

I suppose the original first gen Turbo will be hard to find.
Why not Concor?

Btw, Mavic MA40 rims are a bit younger ( post '85)..

The rims are a hommage to my fellow countryman, the late Marc Siemons, these are his complete wheels that he raced when he was with VTM, the wheels and Brooks saddle travel with me from current ride to current ride, I am not a purist in that sense, I just build the bike to my personal taste and preferences, it's easy enough to put a different saddle or rims on the bike in the future by me or next owner if needed :D

Latest posts

Back