Fife and Tayside rides thread

Re: East Coast Rides Thread

Kelty. Pitmed looks pants, and we know blairadam is rideable. can pick you up at 9.30 Keith?

whit aboot the pie and the pint though?

Coupla options in Kelty or at pub across fae me. See whit mike fancies if he's still up for it?

Clubby hoping to make it as well depending on how he's feeling after today's wee trundle

Think my mate is 50/50 and will pull out

Think I'll give it a miss. Bit of an early start for me after today. Definitely up for lomonds sometime, once winters finally gone.
Have fun.

Braw day oot with Keith up Blairadam. Still plenty of snow in places, maybe slightly less grip than we had last week, but still a great days riding. We did the old DH trail, picking it up part way down the hill. Snow was really thick, and we were surprised to see someone had been down already and it looks like they started further up towards the radio mast. Wondering if someone has done some rebuilding? Anyway, once we got under the trees, things sped up as the snow thinned out and the hill got steeper - some brilliant sideways action from us both had us laughing out loud. Bit of a slog on the way out and the climb back up to the entry into choc slide is pretty churned up.

Coming down choc-slide, we hung a left just after the fire break with logs (avoiding the impossible corner of doom) and followed our noses - really nice bit of trail that brought us out slightly further down the track. Great little section, flowed well with the snow, think it'll be really nice once it clears. Onwards and downwards to where they've cleared the old tree/ramp - you can now hit this section fast from the berm and drop straight into the hole in the hall - it's going to be really rapid in the dry.

Finished with a burl down the brick road trail, then followed some tyre tracks in the snow heading off the fire-road east that chased the contour of the hill gradually down, leading us back up onto the rooty bloody mess (or whatever it's called). Another one to file away for a future dry ride I think.

Stopped in at the Elizabethan gourmet gastro pub in Dunfermline for a pint and a burger/fish and chips. Great end to great day. Cheers Keith!

aye was a grand day once ye got all yer tights and other garments on!

despite Robmac constantly slagging the weight of my camelbak it proved its worth today, after i destrpyed my rear mech hanger....luckily i carry 2 spare (1 for the gt and 1 for the anthem) lol. quo dumb and dumber repairing it....dunno how many times we banged helmets...he even hit mine when spinning the cranks!

grand day out in the snow surprisingly rideable...the old DH course was well worth it despite the slog back up the fire road.

a fine day out...really feeling it after the arbroath run yesterday though. washed the cars this afternoon as well.......nite nite!!

ps according to the map its called "pick yer lines trail"

ps that alternate trail afore corner of doom was teh one where i got a bit over jealous with the old tree pruning....quo comments from Rob that it would be handy if we needed to get a minibus through there lol.

Latest posts

Back