Maverick Monolink bikes, Anyone ridden them? SEE LAST POST

Re: Maverick Monolink bikes, Anyone ridden them?

Thanks for info Piers. I didn't realise that Maverick as a company had closed for business and that Ethan was continuing with the name to provide services to existing owners. Such a pity, another innovative company lost.

Piers":1wjvfa5x said:
There are Maverick service places in Europe. MTBR.com forum has info inc posts by Ethan from Maverick USA.
re. transporting bike for servicing,it's easy to pop the rear damper out of the shock body and post it off.

Oh, there are a few from peeps who have never ridden them. Most amusing to read but utterly clueless.

Guys, is 550 euros alot for this ML7?
LUwZv.jpg

No, depending on condition of course it looks a bargain. If it's your size then defintely worth an inspection. I know of only one other frame set and shock etc in size small for 350 euros so a complete bike looks good value. BTW I've ridden two now and they climb great.

Yep,the way they climb's great.

Mpst full sussers are worse uphill than down,but Mavericks have got great traction for climbing,the back digs in and away you go!

+1, that's probably a serious bargain unless it's been ridden into the ground - and it certainly doesn't look like it. I paid significantly more for my ML7.5, SUC32 and front wheel, though I had the rest of the parts needed to hand to complete the build so the extra cost wasn't enormously more.

If it's your size then go take a look and test ride asap!

GUYS, CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ME! I have mailed the owner of that bike for 500 euros, I hope he agrees on my offer :D!
EDIT: HE DOES! [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knePyANEZ9E[/youtube]

Re: Maverick Monolink bikes, Anyone ridden them? SEE LAST PO

...if it's not too late

Amazing frames, I have had several and still own a ML8 which I will always keep

thing to watch is siezed sealed bearings in the "dog bone" link between main frame and rear triangle

if they have siezed and been ridden for a while they can wear the frame or dog bone, you can ususally tell if there is a little play in the back end or let the air out of the shock and just cycle the suspension action, it should be fluid through the whole cycle

other than that they are pretty bombproof with an easy shock to service/tune, just fell out of favour with people who had never ridden them and liked to shout a lot of forums!

Re: Maverick Monolink bikes, Anyone ridden them? SEE LAST PO

I just bought that ML7 and I absolutly LOVE IT! Monolink really works it does NOT bob at all!

Back