Steering dampers

Logic.Al

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I was talking to a mate about this the other day. I could have sworn that there was a company who made MTB steering dampers. Who were they and how did they work?

i remember people using them on jump bikes for no handed landings etc. Motorbike ones aren't huge so I expect they just used those tbh.

I believe Odyssey made one, and there was also the 'Dampenator' (headset?) - not quite sure how or if that worked..!

Hopey still make them. The odyssey one was little more than a car boot damper strapped to the side of the bike as I recall

pete_mcc":2hhmymk0 said:
Hopey still make them. The odyssey one was little more than a car boot damper strapped to the side of the bike as I recall

The LBS where I bought my Chill in 91 had the Oddysey dampers in the parts cabinet. Looked at one. Thought it was a novelty. Same with the spring only unicrown Scott forks they were flogging, too.

Oh, and the dampers in ZZYZX forks have TOYOTA xxxx-xxx-xx stamped on them.

FMJ":3tpwpeum said:
pete_mcc":3tpwpeum said:

The LBS where I bought my Chill in 91 had the Oddysey dampers in the parts cabinet. Looked at one. Thought it was a novelty. Same with the spring only unicrown Scott forks they were flogging, too.

Oh, and the dampers in ZZYZX forks have TOYOTA xxxx-xxx-xx stamped on them.

i have never see toyota on the dampers in ZZYZX Forks??? not that the dampers last long anyway..

used one on my old rd350lc and on my tl1000s..never gone fast enough to have on on a bicycle

Back