Pendle Witches 2013

Yepp, update from Sean:

We are keeping a watchful eye on the route and from reports we have had up to today it is ride able.
One of the team rode it Monday and reported no major concerns.

So, no excuses from me now! See you on the day (I'll be riding an Alan and wearing a light blue Planet X top...it's got sleeves to keep me warm).

Yeah, I liked Sean's email. Basically, man up and get to the start line in time! I'd be feeling better about it if it wasn't for the clocks going forward. Can't remember if either my alarm clock or backup phone alarm roll forward automatically or not.

bobbinogs":2qs3jxm7 said:
Yepp, update from Sean:

We are keeping a watchful eye on the route and from reports we have had up to today it is ride able.
One of the team rode it Monday and reported no major concerns.

So, no excuses from me now! See you on the day (I'll be riding an Alan and wearing a light blue Planet X top...it's got sleeves to keep me warm).

No shorts this year then?!

I'll be riding my Daccordi again but with a couple of minor changes from last year. Out goes the Super Record chainset :shock: - in comes a Suntour Superbe Pro one with a 38t inner ring. My weak legs struggled with a 42t last year :oops:. The SR rear mech also goes in favour of a Suntour Cyclone which handles the 24t sprocket on the back much better.

Single bottle cage too because then I can take a proper pump and let's face it dehydration isn't going to be problem this year.

8596430116_ea5f983b73.jpg

I will be wearing.......

everything!
Mark.

Ouch! Last 20miles trying to keep cramp in both quads under control into a headwind wasn't much fun. Was like a tinman up the last climb with both legs locked solid with cramp.

Yep, this year was definitely a case of Trial by name, Trial by nature.
Lots of pain, but no rain. It was cold but dry all the way round with dry roads too.
As usual it was a great, well organised event with good food at the halfway point and even better pies than last year at the finish. Cheers to Sean and the team.
Mark.

Can we all agree that no links to photos appear this year. Not least cos I really don't want to see bobbinogs looking as fresh as a daisy as he disappeared off up the road never to be seen again.

I may have been smiling but inside I was crying :)

Seriously though, lovely ride this year, I took it easy and went around with a really nice group for most of the second half and having time to have pie, peas and a pint at the finish was a great way to end it.

Kerplunk, your year of training starts tomorrow!!

Its going to have to, there's no way I want to feel that bad on a bike again. Although looking at the photos on cyclesportsphotos.com I hadn't slipped as far back down the field as I thought at the top of the climb out of Whalley. Can definitely confirm that Team Sky are right though, the extra speed gained going downhill by having an extra stone round the belly isn't enough to warrant lugging it uphill.

Back