All quite on the Western Front! Not any more !!!

Ian Raleigh

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
What is it with everyone!!

The sun shines - The snow has gone[just] - Then every fooker is out with their noisy petrol strimmers & mowers and within minutes their moaning about how wet the bloody grass is and hard to cut!!

You think! I'm sure God has just dumped millions of tons of the festive white stuff over two weeks, then the Sun has melted it all.

Just where do you think the snow has gone you noisy fu*ck-tards. :facepalm:

BBQ's next and loud music maybe! I bet the fookers moan about the wind too as it blows out the god damn match!!!!!!

Rant over!

Lovely today but probably not yet time to get the garden motors going. We have a neighbour, a professional gardener, that is so obsessed about his hedge that along with the usual strimming he clips it with small scissors, unfortunately he chooses the most unsociable hours to do this, I must say though his hedges are pristine not a leaf out of place, well worth employing if that's your thing

Alison

I have to agree with the OP. I do share a similar attitude towards whingers of weather- quite a reliable source of annoyance too, due to the famed British preoccupation with discussing the weather :)

Same pattern of events every year.

People have short memories, forgetting that they detested the wet and the cold that has just left us, only to whinge if the Sun comes out and it's bright and HOT...

Don't whinge!!!!!! I have taken issue with people who are openly moaning about the weather when it's actually nice. They look taken aback when you point out to them that it's actually better than it pissing it down or paying a fortune in heating bills to stay warm!

It's mindless bleating without engaging brain. Give it a rest, same goes for when you start going outdoors at the first whiff of Spring -don't expect Nature to be singing from the same Hymn sheet!!

Rant over :)

Isaac_AG":28dllnp9 said:
We have a neighbour, a professional gardener, that is so obsessed about his hedge that along with the usual strimming he clips it with small scissors, unfortunately he chooses the most unsociable hours to do this, I must say though his hedges are pristine not a leaf out of place, well worth employing if that's your thing

Alison

We too have an obsessive gardener who mows his lawn daily over the summer months! Yeah nice lawn but he does it at night around 10pm whilst whistling "Sisters are doing it for themselves!" I kid you not! Now the clocks have gone forward its only a matter of time before he kicks off again! And he has 2 young children! :facepalm:

Isaac_AG":gc3t4wyy said:
Lovely today but probably not yet time to get the garden motors going. We have a neighbour, a professional gardener, that is so obsessed about his hedge..... that he clips it with small scissors, unfortunately he chooses the most unsociable hours to do this, I must say though his hedges are pristine not a leaf out of place, well worth employing if that's your thing

Alison
How much noise do small scissors make then? Clippety clip clip I suppose......
Probably secateurs anyway.

He finishes off with the snipping but spends hours with the petrol hedge trimmers usually in the summer when your trying to get children to bed

Sun is out, and I love it, yes it's still cold and yes the ground is still damp, but the sun's brightness and warmth through the window raises my mood considerably. My only minor minor complaint is that it means the dog will get hot if left in the car, but no problem.

Aye, the delights of choosing parking slots in the shade, even if they are the other end of the car park.

Our 4x4s are old Pajeros so they have sliding windows in the rearmost section, makes for a lovely airy home for the pooches when we have to leave them in the wagon.

Funny about that neighbour with the hedge obsession.

My pals run a garden business and neighbours had the police out to confiscate their stereo after yet another loud weekend do.

They ended up on Disturbing The Peace charges after deciding to mow the lawn with two big ride on mowers. At 4am.

People are strange, even when you are not a stranger.

Years ago in Ingoldmells [I'm sure you all know where that is!] There was a parked up car,
middle of the summer and the there was a poor dog in the back of it, It looked terrible and
was wet through, We asked around if anyone knew the owners of the car, We came at a
blank then someone said use the tannoy system which has speakers around the market,

Well the first choice was to go up to the Police station and told them about the dog, they quickly
followed us back to the carpark and we showed them the poor dog the Police shouted on the tannoys
telling the owners to come back to the car as your dog is dying, still no answer! Minutes later we heard
the copper shout on the tannoys...

''To the owner of 'car reg ******, we have smashed the side window and the dog is at the Police station''

smiley-laughing013.gif
There was a moment of uproar from worried folk and sounded like someone had scored a goal at a football match.
smiley-laughing013.gif

Hope the tosspots had a very good excuse for leaving their pet in a sweltering hot car the
smiley-taunt001.gif

Back