7 speed cassettes - any lightweight top end ones ever ?

Yes but now that you guys mentioned goldtec I want one of those

carefully cut the cassette up into individual rings and then use 7spd spacers between. There are some super rare Mavic cassettes too if you can find one.

With the tioga,action tech and gold tech
All of the rings are separate
Unlike the shimano ones which 4/5 are joined on a spider and 2/3 cogs are separate inc the lock ring.

I made a light 7 speed one once. You need two xtr cassettes (m900), a q type and a p? type if I remember correctly. One has more rings on the spider than the other and you simply need to use the loose rings from one on the other to maintain decent ratios and end up with a 7 speed cassette on a lightweight spider. Simples.

I think it's the m900 spider that riveted and you can grind/Dremel them off without ruining the cassette and then mix and match cogs?

Although using a compact cassette in general is going to be inherently lighter by a fraction due to the smaller cogs.

secret_squirrel":9ltl5weg said:
I think it's the m900 spider that riveted and you can grind/Dremel them off without ruining the cassette and then mix and match cogs?

Although using a compact cassette in general is going to be inherently lighter by a fraction due to the smaller cogs.

That's a point, can you cut off the largest ring on a XTR M950 is the second largest ring will be enough for you?

Back