Delta V 700 - Done (I damn well hope so anyway)

Re: Delta V 700 - Done?

zigzag":vkurri44 said:
Straighten yer seat man! Seatpost is letting the build down an aw!

Cranks are really nice, were they the same as would have been specced originally? And the brakes sound similar to the Suntour SE (self energizers) - I think they had a similar arrangement, cone spanner adjustment and no little pin that goes through the wee holes in the boss.

Cheeky sod, it is straight! You're right about though the seat post. Got a few Thomson posts on eBay watch list, but don't want to spend a fortune. Lovely Syncros Ti post in the states but it'd cost twice what the frame and forks did. Came with a Ritchey post originally, maybe still get a similar one.

Cranks not original spec, but I think they look fab so I don't care. Cranks are 95-96 I think and mine is 1994 model (built August 93 from frame code). Original spec in catalogue.

http://www.vintagecannondale.com/year/1994/1994.pdf

Shakedown ride last Monday, went to adjust thumb shifter and thread went as I loosened it. Had them 22 years and they weren't working that well on 8 speed block, but still disappointed. Sure they could be helicoiled if I needed to use them again. Got a set of 8 speed shifter pods of here and got them fitted today. Shifting much more smoothly now. Seatpost also replaced with a new Ritchey WCS. Different model to original spec, but same brand so I see it as a spiritual successor.
Bike looking fab now. Off to throw it round some quarries tomorrow with the MacRetro massive.

Re: Delta V 700 - Honestly, I'll stop now.

Can't believe it's been a year since my last update.
Despite not being as lovely to look at as my STS, I'm loving my retrodale. It's the perfect bike for my local trails, with its sprightly ride and short travel suspension. It even held its own at the Baltic Bawbags ride beating more modern machines on the long downhill. Spec has remained the same until this week when I finally found the Coda branded Dia Compe levers I've been looking for at a reasonable price. They were even NOS! Front brake always felt good but back was very on off. With the new levers fitted, rear modulation has greatly improved.
Here's to many more happy miles.

Re: Delta V 700 - Back darn sarth

Banged out a hot 30 miler on her last saturday - she worked like a peach after a early near miss when I was stupidly carving it like a 160mm Full susser with plus tires!

The Ritchy Seat post was useless so it has a 2002 Cannondale expert post in her now - it has 2 massive bolts for and aft like a thomson.

Also out are the Easton Bars and in are expert cdale risers to match the seatpost.

the coda cantis are off as one had a broken spring holder so it has modern XT levers and cantis on BUT i have just taken delivery of some very nice M734's so the force 40s and coda levers can go back on in time for Mountain Mayhem

This was my first real ride on her and I was amazed - granted the trails were dry, but she performed superbly, probably too light as I could feel the rear wheel leaving the ground on a few occaisions, but being able to blast around in 44X11 brought back old memories!

Attachments

• Delta V.jpg
    Delta V.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 681
Rear end done turns out one side had a "bent" boss which was causing a lot of unwanted friction- lukily I have plenty of spares!

Attachments

• DSCF1008.JPG
    DSCF1008.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 675
  • DSCF2472.JPG
    DSCF2472.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 675
Back