Show us yer FSR's

Fsr extreme 98":32v9zvg8 said:
Oh and for anyone interested these are the judy xl forks pictured as well, they have a small leak on the dampener. I was using em till recently though but need a good service so spares or repairs I guess. Pm me if your interested?

1 1/8
Steerer length 235mm

Pm'd

After one stillborn attempt at getting a replacement rear shock for my FSR I picked up a Fox Vanilla in the right size to fit on my frame but I need new bushes to get it to fit properly. I'm way out of my comfort zone here so apologies if my questions are daft. My frame has the BETD linkage kit ('99 GC FSR) so wondering what size I need to order? Is from BETD the best place to order? Bloody hell, I don't even know what info I need to give, let alone what questions I need to ask. Any help will be MUCH appreciated even if just to get me pointed in the right direction. Anyway pic of the linkage. As far as I can tell the Fox rear shock eyelets are standard sized (always 1/2 inch?). Do the bushes come in sets or do you have to buy one lot to connect the shock to the frame and another lot to connect to the linkage? Just generic pics on the BETD site so no help there. I know I can also e-mail/phone BETD and they'd help me but I thought I'd ask you blokes in this thread first. Cheers boys.

Edit- (Looks around, makes stealth edits to daft questions above, hopes no-one notices )Anyway the very excellent TFTuned website has answered almost all my questions. Still like to know the exact sizes I need as their search tool doesn't list my model FSR.

Attachments

• 20130202_163957.jpg
    20130202_163957.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 2,071
twain":2oastk3z said:
i ordered my bushes from Mojo suspension. all i needed to supply them was the type of shock i had and the size of gap between the linkage at both ends (frame end and the BETD link end).

this thread should help you too:

http://forums.mtbr.com/santa-cruz/rear- ... 69746.html
Cheers mate, I've had a look at the Mojo site as well so after the initial flailing around I think I'm starting to get my head around what I need.

Well I finally got sick of having to take the a2z adapter off every time I got a flat, especially since the trail by where I currently live has a ton of thorns. So I hacked it up a bit and drilled a hole in it to match the one that is on the frame for the sharkfin. Actually turned out really well. Feels even more sturdy than the way it's suppose to be used. Best part, the wheel goes on and off like it's suppose to.

nice work! :) i see you've flipped the a-link bolt around as well - i filed my nut down a bit to accomodate the rotor - may just replace the nut and do this actually (dont know why i didnt do it in the first place...)

Back