Another P*SSED OFF Halfords customer

MarinMartin":3pp82w7z said:
to the extent that he would build rims

Nice, can you tell him I would like him to build me a pair of m231 rims in silver and while he is at it I would like a few m231cd's as well. Ideally 32 hole.

MarinMartin":2pl4qip5 said:
my mate got offered an interview with halfords bike department. he knows his stuff and has been working on mainly BMXs for years to the extent that he would build rims and true them, the lot (I'm very lucky to have a friend like that ;) )

anyways as part of the interview they asked him to assemble one of their bikes. He noticed that one of the wheels was slightly buckled and made the grave mistake of telling the manager/ whoever was supposed to be in charge. safe to say he didnt get the job. :roll:

Because there was obviously no other reason whatsoever why he wouldn't have got the job? No better candidates? You're saying that halfords deliberately employ incompetent staff, interviewing in fact so that they can sort out the wheat from the chaff.... And employ the chaff?

ok fwiw, i don't judge someones ability on their dress, but i expect better from halfords, if you went into a nice restaurant and saw them with their shirts hanging out would you be impressed.
it all about presentation.
but i suppose with halfords the saying goes " you can't polish a turd "

MarinMartin":13y0aliv said:
anyways as part of the interview they asked him to assemble one of their bikes. He noticed that one of the wheels was slightly buckled and made the grave mistake of telling the manager/ whoever was supposed to be in charge. safe to say he didnt get the job. :roll:

I smell bullshit.

Evans cycles is no better than Halfords
Same level of reprobate if the halfords ones are at that level and more than shirts hanging

Evans have some of the rudest staff ever

a very good friend of mine whom I trust implicitly is the manager/supervisor of the Deansgate Evans... and while I cannot vouch for other stores, I can say with absolute certainty that anything levied at Evans as a generalised sweeping statement, would NOT be tolerated at his store

G

ibbz":2jijr8hu said:
Evans have some of the rudest staff ever

That's not my experience I had a great retro discussion with one of the guys in my local Evans when I decided to resurrect my prestige.

I've bought the odd helmet and inner tube from the one near my work as well and had nothing but decent service too.

Latest posts

Back